Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Improving Used Gas WM Extra

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Improving Used Gas WM Extra

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 03:49 AM
RustyTumbles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Improving Used Gas WM Extra

Just ordered two hitec5475HB servos from hstore for the ailerons. I have also enlarged the cut out for the exhaust pipes so they don't rub anymore. Will fly again once the servos get here, hopefully the interferance will be gone!
Old 06-03-2005, 01:41 AM
RustyTumbles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Improving Used Gas WM Extra

Hi all,

Just thought I'd update how the extra is going.

Well I now have about 35 flights under my belt and loving it. I can really throw this this around now. The G38 is still going strong and still turning betwwen 8100-8300rpm with the APC 18x8w. I haven't tried any other props just yet but will soon. I have done a bit of surgery to the airframe. The elevator and aileron hinges have been replace with robarts and hinges have been sealed, as the metal ones had a lot of slop. The rudder hinges will be replaced soon too. The Hitec 5475HB didn't last long as the gears in one stripped out after about 10 flights. They have since been replaced with hitec 645MG. All in all it is flying well and I have just reprogramed the Tx so I can use flaperons in harriers to help it lock in. Yes it harriers with the G38!!! That DA50 may be on it by the end of the year!!! We'll see.