Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

revo crawler is so sick

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 10:52 AM
dezfan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: revo crawler is so sick

This is some funny stuff!
Old 03-17-2007, 11:43 AM
Silentbob343

ORIGINAL: rideicon

ORIGINAL: grunho

What !!!![X(] you´re nuts, Reiko is right this is countagious....
[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h397wsd1X2I]brushless revo[/link], tell me thats not cool. [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_JOUce7UII]heres another[/link], and i am doing it!!
Ouch 5S lipo cost $$$ as does the ESC and motor you would need as well, but those REVOs look damn fun converted to BL.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:00 PM
corkit08

want me to stick to the topic lol i know nitro can craw i still have that tmaxx and it doesnt even look like a tmaxx anymore i call it my noob crawler cause its not like all the small chassis big tire ones its trimmed chassis huge tire and im still thinking of a way to make it longer by like 3-5 inches

and Rc EnthuSiasTs your right you didnt read wrong i wrote wrong it was like 4am when i did that lol i was tired
Old 03-17-2007, 12:17 PM
dezfan

ORIGINAL: corkit08

I know nitro can craw i still have that tmaxx and it doesnt even look like a tmaxx anymore i call it my noob crawler cause its not like all the small chassis big tire ones its trimmed chassis huge tire and im still thinking of a way to make it longer by like 3-5 inch.

Care to share a video this miracle on the rocks.

Old 03-17-2007, 12:22 PM
Acs_guitars
My Feedback: (3)

and Rc EnthuSiasTs your right you didnt read wrong i wrote wrong it was like 4am when i did that lol i was tired

4am?? FYI: RCU time-stamps your post... it says 11:27:16 PM

Not to be an antagonist, but the story don't jive [&:]
Old 03-17-2007, 01:41 PM
zeke67

the four stroke is a good idea but really nitro is more expensive any way so really if u want a good competitve cheap crawler go electric and be happy[sm=cool.gif]
Old 03-17-2007, 07:21 PM
rideicon

ok ive been doing nitro rc for 5 years now and the first truck i owned was a tmaxx i liked it but i didnt know about the breaking the engine(i was excited), that engine let out so much smoke i thought it would blow up. so i went out and bought another engine for it this one i broke in and it was perfect and another issue i ran into was when i got the new motor it didnt let out much smoke but after a few months of intense driving it started to let more smoke out
the reason why most nitros let out a lot of smoke is because they are tuned for preformance not really to last long. if you let more gas and air into the motor it will let out less smoke but causes you to have a horrible preformance my truck stayed low rpms and never even made it to 2nd gear

the point im trying to get across is that nitros dont always act the same some let out more smoke some let out less it all depends on the engine, fuel, and tuning
uh the less smoke the more performance, more smoke is richer and safer for the engine, not only is that just the way it is its common sense, same run with any internal combustion engine dude.
Old 03-17-2007, 07:23 PM
rideicon

ORIGINAL: Sweed

They are both Nitro. I have a REvo myself, and they put out little smoke on low RPM's... And you can see the smoke whenever they rev the engine... But I cannot see the whole in the body were the motor would stick up, nor an exhust pipe sticking out... So I kinda doought ti is nitro..
No those are both electric revos, there is no nitro smoke in this video, you can even hear the engine it is no nitro.
Old 03-17-2007, 09:38 PM
Rc EnthuSiasTs

ORIGINAL: Acs_guitars

4am?? FYI: RCU time-stamps your post... it says 11:27:16 PM

Not to be an antagonist, but the story don't jive [&:]
Acs guitars....on my computer it sais that he posted at 5 a.m.......just giving him the benefit of the doubt
Old 03-17-2007, 09:51 PM
hands without shadows

Says 1pm here, I think it goes by what time zone the viewer is in.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:24 PM
rideicon

who cares what time it was, he said he was tired sometimes people get tired in the middle of the afternoon
Old 03-17-2007, 10:29 PM
rideicon

ORIGINAL: grunho

Nitro my axx... I have a Revo to men and thats no nitro noise, thats ablesolutely eletric motors noise, I'm overwelmed with this thing... its just.. way too cool... and the amount of torque that thing must have to raise the front that way ...

Dude you've my support that amazing... and a nice joob to...
dude have you seen [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZNIfClCA5Y]this video?[/link] its a savage, which is a slightly bigger truck, and a bigmaxximum electric motor, thats 2.4hp[sm=devious.gif] and its got freaking jumbo kongs on it, in the begining of the video it rips one of the wheels off imagine that motor in a revo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-17-2007, 10:53 PM
corkit08

Acs guitars my comp says posted @ RE: revo crawler is so sick - 3/17/2007 5:27:16 AM

thanks Rc EnthuSiasTs

and by the way i also think its by time zone soo over with the topic of time
and ill hopefully get a video up some if possible
Old 03-17-2007, 11:07 PM
Rc EnthuSiasTs

[qoute]
dude have you seen [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZNIfClCA5Y]this video?[/link] its a savage, which is a slightly bigger truck, and a bigmaxximum electric motor, thats 2.4hp[sm=devious.gif] and its got freaking jumbo kongs on it, in the begining of the video it rips one of the wheels off imagine that motor in a revo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

someone needs throttle control...

Corkit08.... i understand...i sometimes post wrong info on accident even though i know what i mean[sm=bananahead.gif]
Old 03-18-2007, 08:26 AM
welder_guy23

i have a t maxx what can i do to make the swap i no i ll need lower gearing and such but a web site or somthing to get me goin in the rite direction would be helpful thanx
Old 03-19-2007, 11:07 PM
corkit08

i cant really remember the name of what its called but it makes your whole tmaxx all metal (everything except for tank) i found it in a rc 411 mag and what it does is widen and lengthen it and in total its a big block engine upgrade there will be more space on the chassis for a big block and the chassis is lowered to have a lower center of gravity (my truck still has 5in. ground clearance) then really all you have to do is find big tires and cut the foams right

i wish i still had that mag i could tell you the tires i got all i can describe them as is there suppost to be 2x bigger then the stock tires soo there big and have a lot of grip
Old 03-25-2007, 01:32 AM
rideicon

[link=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3704258562383186986&q=e+revo&hl=en]electric revo video, [/link]crawl type course, well more so than any nitro truck can do
Old 11-12-2007, 06:25 AM
Jishory

low end torque is possible from a nitro truck, im not sure if it would need to be custom or not. i dont have much experience at all with rc trucks but i have a ton of the real thing, basically if your trucks engine doesnt have the torque for crawling, gear reduction is your friend. if you look at the toyota based rock crawlers right now that are getting very popular the engines dont have much torque at all, but they run very low gears in their axles, and transfer case(s), ending up with huge gear reduction. whichever parts are available for the revo to accomplish the gear reduction neccesary i have no idea, but thats how to make it happen. it doesnt seem like the revo would be an ideal platform for a rock crawler because of the independent suspension however, i bought my revo to go fast, i can go slow in my truck all day long. sorry to drag this up, hope this helps!
Old 11-12-2007, 04:37 PM
K_B

That's the kicker. In order to get nitro to crawl, you gotta do some serious work. A complicated tranny (expensive), cooling (expensive), clutch (a serious can-o-worms), etc. Much easier and more economical to do electric.

But I appreciate you digging up this thread. It was a good chuckle. Not because of the nitro can crawl thing, mostly because of the 13 year old know-it-alls that can't even spell
Old 11-12-2007, 09:20 PM
dezfan

ORIGINAL: K_B

That's the kicker. In order to get nitro to crawl, you gotta do some serious work. A complicated tranny (expensive), cooling (expensive), clutch (a serious can-o-worms), etc. Much easier and more economical to do electric.

But I appreciate you digging up this thread. It was a good chuckle. Not because of the nitro can crawl thing, mostly because of the 13 year old know-it-alls that can't even spell
whutevr luzr nitro wil sum tak ovr cralwn & u wil b eatin yur wurdz

nitro furever
Old 11-12-2007, 09:22 PM
hands without shadows

I know it wouldn't perform well, but isn't this just cool as heck?!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82236.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	802783   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx76575.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	802784   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xc78019.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	802785  
Old 11-12-2007, 10:02 PM
Maggster
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: hands without shadows

I know it wouldn't perform well, but isn't this just cool as heck?!
OK, that is sswweeeett!

Where did you find that?
Old 11-13-2007, 02:38 AM
hands without shadows

Right here on RCU, somewhere in the MT forums. It was built by Dr. Honda and was run once to prove a point.