Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic > WildHare R/C Support
Reload this Page >

Building the Ultimate 33% 260 Questions comments and Pictures

Community
Search
Notices
WildHare R/C Support Disscuss WildHare RC products in this forum. Please note, answers may be provided by Tom Fawcett (owner of WildHare RC) or by the general membership.

Building the Ultimate 33% 260 Questions comments and Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 04:54 PM
RTK
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Building the Ultimate 33% 260 Questions comments and Pictures

I have never owned a plane that had too much power. Dan's plane with that 110 is about the perfect power to weight ratio, or at least what I like.
That is what the left stick is for
Old 05-22-2006, 09:43 PM
Dangerous Dan

RTK,

I agree the only problem I have is its Tail heavy(for IMAC) and I am too busy to fly it as much as I would Like. It looks Like North Texas will have calm weather on Thursday (10mph wind) so I may be able to get some good trim flights in.
Old 05-22-2006, 09:50 PM
RTK

dntmn,,

It might take a little re-arranging of components, but I am sure you will get it all worked out. Keep us posted on how it flies when you get everything dialed in. I'm looking for a new toy and can't make up my mind, so the more information the better.
Old 05-23-2006, 07:36 AM
Dangerous Dan

RTK,

No problem. I will get the final CG, check/adjust lateral balence, check/adjust aileron differential, check/adjust engine thrust, check/adjust ruder-aileron, check/adjust ruder-elevator, check/adjust throttle-elevator for downlines, and set a throttle curve for precision to keep the 1/2 throttle straight and level and the full throttle uplines the same. It will probably take me 15 or so flight to get her dialed in. At this point I should have around 5 gallons through the engine and can fine tune it and switch to 50-1. So far I am extremly impressed. I can give you details on how the 260 flies precision but it will be a while before I play with 3D there is only so much time in the day.

Dan
Old 06-01-2006, 08:27 AM
Dangerous Dan

Well I have around 4 gallons through this plane(32-1) and will hopefully switch to my post break-in fuel(50-1) today. She is totally Dialed in and all the bugs are worked out. This plane is a rocket. If I pull an upline the plane will go out of site in about 5 seconds. I will soon set a throttle curve for pattern to keep my 1/2 throttle horozontal and full throttle uplines the same speed. I am using a 9Z. I will unleash the full power of the BME Beast for my 3D and sport flying modes. This plane does flies IMAC pattern extremly well. The only manuever I am struggling on is the hammerheads, bit this will come with practice. I am still in a transistional phase after 270 flights on my 28% extra Special, but I can tell that this plane will make me a better pilot.

Dan P
Old 06-01-2006, 10:27 AM
RTK

Good to hear that the plane is flying well.
I know what you are saying when it only takes about 5 seconds WOT on an up-line to have the plane turn into a dot It sure is nice to have a plane that will flys straight up as fast as in level flight.
Old 06-01-2006, 08:11 PM
airborneSGT
My Feedback: (15)

The plane really flies itself. I had awesome mixing setup for mine on the 9303. I thought Tony would have my plane ready this month but looks like July at best!

If I am nuts I might just buy another so I dont have to wait a month.