Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Yellow / JetMart F-14??????

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Yellow / JetMart F-14??????

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 02:11 PM
WhoDaMan
My Feedback: (164)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Yellow / JetMart F-14??????

Wow Peter Thanks for that I did not even think about that I will see from Dennis just what they are and maybe see if he will post on it..

Dave
Old 04-11-2007, 03:28 PM
Dennis Crooks

Hi Dave;

The air bags, in my case, are made from a light weight fabric with an iron on backing to give it some 'body'. Under the fabric, there are strips of low density foam rubber that will compress easily and still return to the original shape.

You will probably find that the recessed area for the 'air bag' will have to be reshaped in order to get adequate depth to allow the wing to sweep fully. Don't even think about 'oversweep'. As it is, there is just enough room for the 64oz. tank between the flap ends at full sweep.

DC
Old 04-11-2007, 04:55 PM
WhoDaMan

Hi Dennis:
Thank you for jumping in here and explaining what and how they work,,,,

Dave
Old 04-12-2007, 02:28 AM
Seraphim77

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for filling us in on the air bags...you did a great job integrating those into the airframe without it looking tacky or "applied". I think I'll call into '[link=http://www.tempurpedic.com/TempurCMSVB/material/viscoelastic/]Tempur-Pedic[/link]' and ask for that sample block they advertise on TV...perfect for making F-14 airbags!

Peter
Old 04-13-2007, 07:30 PM
Mr DJ

ORIGINAL: YellowAircraft

Hi,

Well, again, it ain't gonna cost anywhere near that. The fact that this is a twin-turbine powered model will, in itself, cut the number of people who'd buy it in half. With the flooding of the market with cheap planes with pipes and tanks included has got some people thinking that all jets should be $500 (with the pipe, cockpit, landing gear, wheels and brakes, Halle Berry and the fuel tanks [kevlar, of course]--included). If I had a dollar for every email I've gotten with "and that's for everything, right?" after I tell them the price of our F-15....
Shaun

If you guys would just go ahead and make it an ARF (painted) like your F-15—I’d probably be one of the first to buy.

Guess what—I received my F-15 from you in Jan 07—it made its way out of the box but that’s as far as it’s gone. I just picked up 13 servos @ $1400—JR’s 8711s; 8611s; etc.

Since the non-start on the 15, I’ve bought 4 more prop jobs: ASM C-130; Long EZ 160; a P-51 120; and some small crap. Anyways, Shaun—I’m not buying another bird until I get my hands on “my†Tomcat from you. Tell Charles I said hello. Also, I’m still waiting for you to send me the 3 air cylinders for the Full non-painted armament I purchased @ $500 and some change.

Mr DJ

Old 04-13-2007, 08:25 PM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DJ,

Lol, sounds like you've got a problem. You need to go somewhere and get some help. Just not before you buy that Tomcat ARF from us.

As for the air cylinders, I'm still a little confused. Did you order the air cylinders (cuz the pylons don't come with them)? The unpainted armament doesn't include air cylinders, but the pylons do include the bomb-release mechanisms.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:17 AM
Mr DJ

You're right, Shaun--I've lost my freakin' mind...

I know that the air cylinders don’t come with the package; what I’m sayin’ is for $525, they should. At RCJets http://www.jetsrc.com/ they sell Skymaster and XTreme kits; they offer all armament both non and painted. Their painted armament cost the same as your non-painted—do you see what I’m saying now?

Anyways, what’s a ball park date for the F-14?

Later

Mr DJ
Old 04-14-2007, 11:29 AM
Shaun Evans

Hey,

Oh, I get it. Well.....it's a tough trek getting Y/A equipment for SM money. I think if we started pricing all of our stuff according to another manufacturer's prices, we might end up with a different (lesser) product than we offer. Just my $.02.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:38 AM
WhoDaMan

Hi Shaun:
Your right about that,,, rumor has it you guy's might be doing the warbirds in Arf's again,,, maybe the The P-47 ?

Dave
ORIGINAL: YellowAircraft

Hey,

Oh, I get it. Well.....it's a tough trek getting Y/A equipment for SM money. I think if we started pricing all of our stuff according to another manufacturer's prices, we might end up with a different (lesser) product than we offer. Just my $.02.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:57 AM
Shaun Evans

Hi,

Yep. We have to have pre-ordered batches, though. I was almost there once, but it took so long to get the fifth one that the first one backed out.....
Old 04-14-2007, 03:37 PM
Tomcat_104
My Feedback: (42)

Shaun,

Was that just for the P-47's or all warbirds? I'm into warbirds just not crazy about the Jug. I really, really want a F-14. I'm building a 1/10 Avonds right now but I can't wait to get my hands on your 1/9th scale. I don't even have to have an ARF!

David