Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Is anyone else concerned with the all RTR instant gratification trend?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Is anyone else concerned with the all RTR instant gratification trend?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 12:32 PM
Nitro Fumes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is anyone else concerned with the all RTR instant gratification trend?

Well, I think its good for the hobby over all. Plenty of people buy them. But I prefer kits. When I originally got into this hobby kits were all there were. I should also add that I prefer racing too. You need to be able to know how to build them and take them apart to fix and maintain them. For a while I even wanted to get the HPI Baja B5 but I was kind of dissapointed that it was an RTR. They came out with in kit form a few months ago and I bought mine. In fact now that it is in kit form they are selling like crazy too. I bought mine from RC Planet and they told me their previous stock of 9 kits sold out in three days. After all 1/2 the fun is building it too. Plus I get a good understanding of the design and how it goes together. So I've never had an RTR yet. I hope they keep offering kits.