Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Bob's JL F-4 "Crash Analysis"

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Bob's JL F-4 "Crash Analysis"

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 09:01 AM
1/2 time show
My Feedback: (78)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Bob's JL F-4

ORIGINAL: Countryboy

ORIGINAL: 1/2 time show

ORIGINAL: Countryboy

I think this video will answer several questions that have been asked.
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=...29/_vr96nWVT40
countryboy thanks for asking to use my name and my videos to start your tread! I have deleated the videos you posted links too. so every body tell countryboy thanks
Hey Bob, since you are pissed at me... you can choose to answer this question at your own discretion. It is a sincere question and one others might find of interest from a safety standpoint. I know the turbine shut down before impact which constituted a lot toward not having a fire, but an area of interest ''to me anyway'' is how the poly fuel tanks held up. Did they by chance burst on impact or were they still intact?

One other thing. Since JL has come under recent fire for their lack of structural integrity on the F-20, if you plan to do nothing with the remains of the wings and elevator assembly... how about dissecting them to show if some of those issues are carried over into other JL kits such as the F-4. It would be really interesting to see the internal structure of the wings and elevators and would make for some great Bob Youtube TV. I am in the process of building the JL F-4 in case you did not know... so these areas are of great interest to me.
Once again Bob, I am truly sorry that you lost the F-4 and hope you get another one soon.

Ronnie
Countryboy I have told every body what happend and you still want to keep the drama rolling. The crash had nothing with JL what so ever if you wanna look at the busted up jet come on over and do some dumpster diving and dig it out
I have moved on and back in the shop so why dont you go watch your OPRA and get over it
this is all I have to say on this matter!!!

BOB
Old 03-18-2010, 10:51 AM
ron Sweeney

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bob's JL F-4

I'm not sure wether everything was lost but I had a similar experience with a beautiful Mig 15. Like the F4 it was caught on vdeo so I was able to ascertain that the turbine shut down at the point of signal loss. My crash although total left the turbine slightly damaged but the ecu (gaspar Espiel) intact. The battery was OK but when I sent the ecu back to Wren they told me that the turbine had shut down due to an uncommanded power loss from the rx. Turned out the H.D. switch had failed. This was also unscathed and a strip down revealed poor contact pressure on the slider. I've used power box electronic switches ever since. Is the F4 ecu still serviceable? Maybe this could shed some light on the mystery. My crash was 2 years ago and it still hurts so you have my heartfelt sympathy. Ron.