Best Place to Buy a DLE

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 11:31 AM
denney47
My Feedback: (359)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best Place to Buy a DLE

ORIGINAL: ameyam

For me, you add about 8$ to that value and then multiply by 1.35 to get my landed cost. Due to geographical promixity, Singapeor Hobby supplies is cheaper for this engine. Now that I got the NGK plug issue resolved, its settled bar placing the order.

I wish some one would go through the singapore hobby supplies online store and tell me which smart-fly optical kill switch to buy

Ameyam
This one will work
http://shop.singahobby.com/?q=node/14094
Old 07-17-2011, 06:38 PM
summerwind

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: denney47

<div style=''margin: 0in 0in 0pt''><span style=''font-family: Arial''><span style=''font-size: medium''>I very rarely read these forums but this one was brought to my attention by a very good customer. I have read this entire thread and do not like what I am seeing. If any of you do not receive the best customer service when ordering items or asking for help from anybody at Valley View RC then I would like to know about it. As owner of Valley View RC I will in no way tolerate this kind of action. </span></span></div><div style=''margin: 0in 0in 0pt''><span style=''font-family: Arial''><span style=''font-size: medium''>Please contact me if you experience any problems with anyone at Valley View RC</span></span></div><div style=''margin: 0in 0in 0pt''><span style=''font-family: Arial''><span style=''font-size: medium''>Thank you</span></span></div><div style=''margin: 0in 0in 0pt''>http://<span style=''font-family: Ar...</span></span></div><div style=''margin: 0in 0in 0pt''><span style=''font-family: Arial''><span style=''font-size: medium''> </span></span></div>
this thread has become NUTZ...........what is it with people and getting their feelings hurt because "the guy was rude to me when i asked about , yada yada yada"............big babies.
you wanna talk about moody and arrogant?....anyone here remember Ron Sheldon?.............now there was a great guy, offered great deals to anyone looking to save a buck, but god forbid if you caught him in an off mood..................LOL

to those crying about Jody..................grow up and learn to converse like a man........that's all it is. all you're accomplishing here is to cheat us all out of Jody's presence here at RCU. that's right, Jody comes here and answers not one, but practically all the questions he can here, some more than a gazillion times over..........even replies to PM's.
there is no problem with any VVRC employees.....................but keep acting like a wiener, and Jody will cease to help here.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:34 AM
ameyam

summerwind

While I agree that there is no real point in whining about things on and on, when you buy a product, you are entitled to polite aftersales. Now if you dont buy from someone and then expect them to answer, that may not happen. Even in the latter case, there is no expense for politeness but then there is no compulsion for the same either.

Personally, I didnt have any problems with Jody. I spoke to him on and off RCU. Sometimes the questions were regarding stuff sold by the competition. He came across a very nice guy

Ameyam
Old 07-18-2011, 08:12 AM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

This should be the final update on the tbm sale..

Bill from TBM called me a second ago about the dle 111 (I was driving/hard to hear).
He quickly went over the basics and said that he'd check to see if the engine made it back and would send the refund. To his credit, he said that if I ever needed to order anything from tbm to call him and it wouldn't be a problem. I appreciate his call and offer but with what's happened and the resolution that I pursued, not them, I'll most likely use another company in the future.

That being said, here are the 2 responses on this forum from the different companies concerning the customers concerns. Which would you feel more comfortable with?

ORIGINAL: denney47

I very rarely read these forums but this one was brought to my attention by a very good customer. I have read this entire thread and do not like what I am seeing. If any of you do not receive the best customer service when ordering items or asking for help from anybody at Valley View RC then I would like to know about it. As owner of Valley View RC I will in no way tolerate this kind of action.
Please contact me if you experience any problems with anyone at Valley View RC
Thank you
[email protected]

ORIGINAL: Mike/TBM

Shipping costs are now simply outrageous for even the smallest items. When items are shipped it is always best to ship insured against loss or damage and offer a way to track them. These options are a must and demanded by us and by most customers. We understand the very sensitive issue of today's higher shipping costs and do our best to help with better shipping rates where we can.
Regarding the situation with the DLE 111, it is not as clear cut as it has been posted.
We were asked if we could honor a price from a non-authorized DLE distributor that was just above or below $600. As a condition of our contract with DLE, to remain an ''authorized'' distributor we must follow strict pricing guidelines.
Our current sale pricing on the DLE 111 of $698.95 including a FREE IBEF and two FREE CM6 spark plugs with FREE SHIPPING was not attractive to said buyer.
We then offered a special lower pricing WITHOUT the FREE IBEF or FREE CM6 spark plugs but still offered FREE SHIPPING on the DLE111 engine.
Said buyer gladly agreed to this and subsequently made the purchase after receiving the emailed Sales Order outlining costs with FREE SHIPPING.
Said buyer received the engine and apparently not understanding the conditions of the sale as outlined when purchased, quickly turned extremely negative in following emails to TBM and was not fair to us at all. He said he could not understand why he did not receive the free items that were offered and now suspected our warranty support for the engine and have most likely just lost another customer. This statement of questionable warranty support is simply outrageous and unfounded.
We are glad we were able to resolve his particular issue with TBM by offering a full refund at his request.
We have a great service dept and a very knowledgeable staff to help with any issues customers may have.

WITHOUT the FREE IBEF or FREE CM6 spark plugs This was never said. Here is the email response that I received about the price. No mention of the plugs or ibef.

"Jon,

The lowest we can go is $664 shipped.

Regards,

Mike"

Old 07-18-2011, 11:34 AM
hanko

In defense of Valley View, TBM, and others. They are trying to earn a living and make a fair profit with a bunch of people that consider this to be a hobby. Because its our hobby doesnt mean its there's. I'm sure that gets real old real quick dealing with modelers. My only dealing with Jodi was not a good one, but it was a long time ago and Ive pretty much forgotten why I was pissed. If I had to talk to idiots like me all day long I would probably go postal my self. We do this because its supposed to be fun. Lets knock offf the bullsheet and get back to having fun

capt'n hanko
Old 07-18-2011, 11:51 AM
wyo69cowboy
My Feedback: (2)

Well said Hanko. I attended a local fly-in a couple weeks ago, and got to fly with a well known engine/ignition man. Was interesting to talk with him, and listen to his tales of the number of silly phone calls he would get. He also had an original side carb DLE30, and he stated he wasn't sure what all the fuss was about there...it idled as low and reliably as ANY gas engine I've ever heard. Internet frenzies being what they are, you have to put up with a lot of crap from modelers...
Old 07-18-2011, 12:00 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The only DLE 30 at the flying field is a side carb. There is nothing wrong with the way it runs.

Glad you met Bill
Old 07-18-2011, 12:55 PM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

Bill, the head of TBM customer support gave me a call. We talked about everything, cleared it up and things are looking great again I believe Bill will do his best and have no reservations about TBM from this point!!!
Old 07-18-2011, 03:15 PM
phakur
My Feedback: (13)

Just an updateDLE from VV showed up todayDid a great job in getting it out. Wasn't expecting it until Thursday or so.

Better get moving on my Pawnee!!!

Larry
Old 07-19-2011, 12:55 PM
summerwind

ORIGINAL: hanko

In defense of Valley View, TBM, and others. They are trying to earn a living and make a fair profit with a bunch of people that consider this to be a hobby. Because its our hobby doesnt mean its there's. I'm sure that gets real old real quick dealing with modelers. My only dealing with Jodi was not a good one, but it was a long time ago and Ive pretty much forgotten why I was pissed. If I had to talk to idiots like me all day long I would probably go postal my self. We do this because its supposed to be fun. Lets knock offf the bullsheet and get back to having fun

capt'n hanko
LMAO.....you go postal????.....................i guess so with that email you sent me.............i dare not post it here, but i know why Jody is short with the individuals who are complaining...........
some modelers must be talked to just right or they get offended way too easy.
boyz will be boyz tho eh...............
Old 07-21-2011, 07:58 PM
Bad_boy2011

Old 07-21-2011, 09:31 PM
bcchi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: captinjohn

I think it is time to start a new thread....Best place to Buy a DLE PART 2.........
I do not see why they would ever let a thread like this get started in the first place time to shut it down.
You cannot please everybody but you can try. The customer is not always right. I feel as If I have let down over 10K customers we have in our data base because I had to shut down.But I had no choice
BCCHI