Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Turbine waiver qual flight

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes.
26.56%
No.
31.77%
Are you out of your mind...heck no!
41.67%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Turbine waiver qual flight

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 06:15 AM
Bryce Watson
Banned
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Turbine waiver qual flight

ORIGINAL: HellcatAce
There is way too much contradiction happening here! How bout less ''legend in my own mind stuff'' and more clarification. Oh wait, the rules seem to be designed to reduce the ability to glean clarification!

. . . AND juuuusst to clarify, I've crashed five jets, so that makes me a Maverick too!

1. EuroFirebird: Flutter while rolling, low altitude, inverted.

2. Hotspot: High speed turn, aircraft exploded into confetti due to extreme differential pressure and flutter. (same engine 1st Jet had.)

3. F-14: Jet never fully pulled out of dive because the airspeed was too slow for the wing configuration. (it almost pulled out though, till the ground got in the way.)

4: F-15: Slow spooling turbine and extended speedbrake precluded attempted go-around due to another aircraft still being on the runway.

5: F-18: Slow spooling turbine and too much elevator mixed when flaps came down caused airspeed to decay too far thus, a high rate of decent ensued and jet was almost lost.
(jet survived, but pilot's onboard classified touch down as crash; same engine as #4)

Now of course, none of these were my fault, but still earn me the distinction and entry into the elite Mavericks club, I mean what other waiver can you get which will allow such camaraderie?

Old 06-22-2010, 07:32 AM
VF84sluggo
My Feedback: (55)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Nightwalker

3. F-14: Jet never fully pulled out of dive because the airspeed was too slow for the wing configuration. (it almost pulled out though, till the ground got in the way.)
The real one flies like crap, too, if you somehow end up slow and the wings are still full aft...at least that's what I've been told, never done that myself, you understand, just to be clear here (just like the ball turns red if you are real low coming aboard the boat...never seen that first-hand either, just been told about it)
Old 06-22-2010, 08:19 AM
Bryce Watson
Banned

ORIGINAL: VF84sluggo
The real one flies like crap, too, if you somehow end up slow and the wings are still full aft...at least that's what I've been told, never done that myself, you understand, just to be clear here (just like the ball turns red if you are real low coming aboard the boat...never seen that first-hand either, just been told about it)

Yes Sir. [link=http://www.roger-ball.com/]"Roger Ball!"[/link]
Old 06-22-2010, 08:29 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Nightwalker

ORIGINAL: rjbob
Repeat all you want...then you can be incorrect a whole bunch of times.

Seems like there's a whole bunch of [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tR3voTMGDY&playnext_from=TL&videos=CR2iXb ATXpg&feature=rec-LGOUT-exp_fresh%2Bdiv-1r-6-HM]Maverick's[/link] around here.

lol, that maverick deal is sooo true.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:58 PM
HellcatAce

Quote:Im cryin me a bucket of tears... Give me a break. Get a trainer turbine jet, buddy box it a few flights and learn how to properly fly it and take the test. stop all the crying and moaning. We all had to do it, and no I'm not rich so I don't want to here that crap either.

Dude, you fork over the cash to get me all set up, and you'll never hear another whiney peep out of me. Till then it sounds like your quite the big fish in a small pond.

Perhaps you've heard of our recession? [:-]
Old 06-24-2010, 03:08 PM
AndyAndrews

ORIGINAL: HellcatAce

Quote:Im cryin me a bucket of tears... Give me a break. Get a trainer turbine jet, buddy box it a few flights and learn how to properly fly it and take the test. stop all the crying and moaning. We all had to do it, and no I'm not rich so I don't want to here that crap either.

Dude, you fork over the cash to get me all set up, and you'll never hear another whiney peep out of me. Till then it sounds like your quite the big fish in a small pond.

Perhaps you've heard of our recession? [:-]
Once again...and this is really getting repetitive...why in the hell are you worried about getting a waiver? If you don't have a jet YOU DON'T NEED ONE!
Old 06-24-2010, 03:46 PM
bevar
My Feedback: (27)

It's way back there...it's deep to center field...it's going...it's going...it's going...it's gone! It's a grand slam ladies and gentlemen...a base clearing home run and the game is over!

ORIGINAL: AndyAndrews

Once again...and this is really getting repetitive...why in the hell are you worried about getting a waiver? If you don't have a jet YOU DON'T NEED ONE!
Old 06-24-2010, 04:49 PM
HellcatAce

Well EXCUSE ME PAL!

Do you thing you could extract your cranium from your rectal area long enough to realize some people are following this thread because they have a real interest in joining your exclusive little club of jet jockeys at some point?

Even if it's not today, I plan on using the information on this thread that is actually worth reading when I am ready to get my waiver.

Dude...relax it's only a hobby. Getting your panties in a bunch isn't helping anyone here!
Old 06-24-2010, 05:34 PM
AndyAndrews

I have no problem what so ever helping people learn about how to get a waiver to fly jets. Did I once ever tell you that you don't have the right to learn about turbine waivers or jets? No. The people here are trying to tell you what you need to do to get it. But you are not listening. Instead you insist on complaining about the process. I simply pointed out the fact that you don't need a waiver unless you actually have a jet (yours or someone elses) to use it. And around here and most other places, you have to use a turbine powered jet to get a waiver.

Old 06-24-2010, 08:24 PM
VF84sluggo
My Feedback: (55)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Boli,

I was perusing my latest Fly RC mag and the Fla Jets pics, and saw your turboprop...nice! BTW, do you need a tuirbine waiver for a turboprop? And what's this business of Tiano calling you a "pineapple"? Guess he made up for it by referring to you as 'loveable'.

Cheers,
Sluggo
Old 06-24-2010, 09:15 PM
bevar
My Feedback: (27)

Sluggo,

Model Airplane News did a write up on the Tucano last month and called me "Billy Fuentes" in the article so maybe Frank was taking the heat off of me by calling me "pineapple" I guess. [8D] "loveable"? That's me...just ask me...I'll tell ya!

As to needing a waiver for a turboprop...the answer is yes, but there is not a "turboprop waiver" like there is a heli waiver...you are covered by a regular turbine waiver.

Back at ya!

Beave [sm=bananahead.gif]