Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

**OFFICIAL** 1/10 Truck thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 04:56 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: **OFFICIAL** 1/10 Truck thread

sounds like you need a new clutch spring, if it breaks or becomes unhooked, it will stall when you hit the brake or when you put it on the ground.  You have to take the engine out, the clutch bell off and you will see the shoes, they have a spring wrapped around it, that spring is either broken or its became unhooked.  You can usually tell by rolling the rc back and forth (while not running) and you will hear a tinging noise from the clutch bell.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:01 PM
parkietje

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

okay thanks eddie. i will check it out
Old 09-11-2009, 09:51 PM
parkietje

hey eddie do t maxx clutch shoes fit the x2s ? i almost forgot that i have a first gen t maxx lol
Old 09-11-2009, 09:55 PM
ehroof

they probably do, i also have 2 of them one original and one 3.3
Old 09-15-2009, 07:18 PM
parkietje

the car runs like a dream now love it man btw do you have street tires for the x2s that fit ?
Old 09-15-2009, 07:21 PM
ehroof

no, sorry bro, I think proline 30 series will fit the stock rims, they have some onroad i think. 
Old 09-16-2009, 03:16 PM
Redharris

ORIGINAL: parkietje

hey eddie do t maxx clutch shoes fit the x2s ? i almost forgot that i have a first gen t maxx lol
Parkie.......

t maxx clutch shoes WILL fit your motor. I have the whole set up (shoes n spring) on my MXT2S.
I LOVED the way the Tmaxx (carbon) shoes worked at first. They had tremendous Bite and the RC LAUNCHED really hard from a dead stop, but the performance degraded quickly as the carbon shoes wore a bit. I went back to the stock aluminum shoes and I am happy.

I'll tell you what though.....I think you would be better off using the STock Aluminum shoes and the Traxxas clutch spring, (its stiffer than the stockie).
That will give you a High Stall clutch that is pretty Durable. That is what I am running Now and it works great so far.
Some folks don't like that you have to Rev the engine higher to get the clutch to bite, but it works for me......

Just remember that "High Performance" translates into "Higher Maintenance"......
Old 09-17-2009, 05:18 PM
parkietje

high maintenance lol ain't that the truth. You're right about the clutch shoe's but it isn't a big deal for me the car runs just how i want it to run. i'll just wait until the t-maxx shoes get al eaten then i'll put the stock shoes. MANI LOVETHECAR. Saturday i'm going to the track. I'll sent some pictures from Suriname