Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

AFP next expension pack???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

AFP next expension pack???

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2004, 01:26 PM
serge1
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AFP next expension pack???

STPilot,

Any idea when it will be out?? It would be nice to get some
nice new sceneries and planes.

Any infos on your side?

Thanks
Old 08-02-2004, 07:47 AM
NOVAflier
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: AFP next expension pack???

I have gotten about 15 new planes from their web site for free... why pay for another expansion pack when they are nice enough to host a site where you can download freebies..
Old 08-02-2004, 10:59 AM
serge1

I don't care about the planes. I have 60 in my AFP folder. What I would like is new photo realistic sceneries like Reflex. I have downloaded some but They don't work.

Serge
Old 08-02-2004, 11:41 AM
STLPilot

Well Serge you must be doing something wrong. I've gotten every Photorealistic scenery to work and so have hundreds of others. What is the problem?

There is not another expansion pack coming for lots of reasons. For one There are 450 plus aircraft already available for dload, far more then any other simulator. The other reason is the people that are creating these free downloads helped to develop some of the original planes for AFP and the expansion pack.

AFP is not focusing on Phototrealistic backgrounds. They are working on an improved 3D engine. Check out of some of the new games like Far Cry. You will see that 3D is where the world is going in gaming and simulation. Photorealistic are cool, however are not the near future focus for AFP.
Old 08-02-2004, 12:32 PM
serge1

Not sure what I am doing wrong. I probably mess with the BMP image conversion. You're right about all the download available and I am glad its that way. I was just wondering what is next
for AFP. It would be great to see a scenery with the visual quality and interactivity of Far Cry.

Photorealistic are cool but so static.

Does the new 3D engine will come as an update or with AFP 2?

Can't wait!

Serge

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

Well Serge you must be doing something wrong. I've gotten every Photorealistic scenery to work and so have hundreds of others. What is the problem?

There is not another expansion pack coming for lots of reasons. For one There are 450 plus aircraft already available for dload, far more then any other simulator. The other reason is the people that are creating these free downloads helped to develop some of the original planes for AFP and the expansion pack.

AFP is not focusing on Phototrealistic backgrounds. They are working on an improved 3D engine. Check out of some of the new games like Far Cry. You will see that 3D is where the world is going in gaming and simulation. Photorealistic are cool, however are not the near future focus for AFP.
Old 08-02-2004, 01:53 PM
STLPilot

I have not heard of a full new version coming anytime soon. New patches, scenery's and new models are coming out almost everyday now.

I do know that they are working on an improved model with improved 3D engine and improved physics engine. Can you imagine what an improved physics engine would be like for AFP? Beyond reality I guess. There has been no talk of what method/level of distribution they are going to let it go under.