Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Rio 51 Starting prob. fixed!

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Rio 51 Starting prob. fixed!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 10:31 AM
DFB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rio 51 Starting prob. fixed!

So after about a month of trying to get the beast started, I found that the ignition is the weak link in the equation.

It is obvious fuji is not looking into the gap of the armature to the fly wheel! When I first pulled the motor over it put a really nice gouge in the fly wheel. Spark was also week as well! I gapped the armature at .020 from the flywheel, the spark is now so big I could hear it arking over the sterio in my garage! And sure enough the motor fired on the 3rd pull... Also the carb does not seem to like this motor (RICH, ALLWAYS) so I put the HS at 3/4 from closed, and the LS at 1-3/8 from closed. starts fine, but idles at 15,000 rpm!! So at this point I richen up the LS (just alittle) to bring down the idle rpm.

This may not be the "fix-all" but it seems to be working ok...

Now I need to find a tuner pipe to let it breathe better. I think the engine is not getting enough air through it, and consequently causing the rich air fuel mix. And it's way too quiet!!

Any suggestions on a pipe for the fuji 28???

DFB
Old 05-02-2008, 11:37 AM
webdr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rio 51 Starting prob. fixed!

BH Hansen 2" drop @ 45 degrees, 90 degree bend header and Hansen 2" band pipe. Tyson cheater muffler. Thats the magic fix[)]