Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Best FM Receiver

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 12:56 PM
Thunderbird93

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best FM Receiver

I need a few receivers and I can't buy 5 2.4 GZ receivers by spring so I wanted to get a few FM receivers so I was wondering if anyone has the Hitec receivers that they claim is "virtually glitch-free" or any other good receivers. Thanks.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:37 PM
NitroVette

Default RE: Best FM Receiver

I've had really good luck with Novak's XXtra receivers. I have one in my Aftershock and my son has one in his E-Savage. Great range, no glitches, and it will work with any FM 75mHz TX. You can get remaned ones directly from Novak for $49. I wanted to try one of the Hitecs but I like the Synthesized channel selection rather than dealing with crystals so my last two receivers have been Novaks. Hitec does make a synth receiver but it's the same money as the Novak which in my opinion is the better of the two. There's a guy on eBay selling Hitecs for $26.95 minus crystal, for under $40 it may be worth trying one.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:22 AM
Crave

I use the Novak XXtra as well in three different cars and I have never had a glitch. I bought them used about three years ago and they are still working excellent.

With 98% of the people at my track using 2.4ghz now, there is no need for me to stop using FM since frequency conflicts are extremely rare, and I can just tune to another frequency and away I go.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:51 PM
NitroVette

I like that's it's cheaper than ever to buy FM receivers. I picked up a mint used Futaba PCM receiver for $40, a like new Novak XXtra for $40 locally, and only $39 for a new 203 HRS receiver on eBay. I only bash but every few years I buy Futaba's top of the line pistol and am still using my original Futaba R113ip receiver from 1990 without any glitches. I like FM because my son and I have synth modules and can easily change freq. to drive each other's cars. I hope more people switch to 2.4g so we can keep buying cheap receivers.
Old 12-20-2008, 05:46 PM
bpbat21

i have a futaba 168DF receiver. I was rigging my servos and had my TX turned on and when i plugged in my servo lead into the RX all it did was twitch. I think the shift is wrong but I don't know how to change it. Thanks for your help.
Ben