Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

Twin Ryobi's

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2002, 12:40 AM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Twin Ryobi's

I asked this on rcwarbirds and got no reply. I will soon have two and was wandering about size and type. Been thinking about scratchin out an A-26 or something like that. Wonder what ws they would support.
Edwin
Old 11-10-2002, 01:28 AM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Twin Ryobi's

G&P Sales has several twins in the range for your 20-25cc Ryobis, not cheap but good. I don't know their URL but you can use your search engine, or check the ads in most of the mags. Hope this helps, I'm a nut for twins and I'd like to see more. My favorite from G&P is the F7F, but it's not a "Twin Beginnr's" airplane - the engines sit WAY out on the wings, and VMC is really high. Sorry, Velocity Minimum, Control is how fast you MUST be going for safe single engine flight. Have fun Twinning!
Old 11-10-2002, 01:59 AM
warbirdz1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twin Ryobi's

Edwin...G-23's are used on the 101' Ziroli B-25....I'm guessing the thrust would be greater with the Ryobis......should be sufficient for this model if you build it conservatively.....I have the same B-25 with G-38's and its a rocket...no doubt....so Look into the B-25 as an option.....Bill...
Old 11-10-2002, 01:56 PM
geardaddy
My Feedback: (27)

Default Twin Ryobi's

Edwin some years ago i scratched a wing A-26 to double the size at 136". You may try x 1.75 or 110" plane has plenty of area. Also have several 170" A-26 planes in the works.
Old 11-10-2002, 01:58 PM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Twin Ryobi's

FYI - The Ryobi's are 31cc. Thats good info about the Ziroli B-25. I believe Don Smith does a 105" A-26. Sounds like they might work there too.
Edwin
Old 11-11-2002, 01:42 AM
warbirdz1

Default Ryobis.....

EDWIN.....Just around the corner from Don Smith...I looked into the A26 and the only problem for a gasser is it has a small diameter cowl....much smaller than Ziroli B-25...leaving lots of cylinder dangling out of the bottom of the cowl....unfortunately I think this particular A26 is more suited for glow engines.....Bill....
Old 11-13-2002, 05:22 AM
soarrich
My Feedback: (98)

Default Twin Ryobi's

My fiend flys a Skyrocket F5F? It flys very well, I think it weighs 23#, the Ryobi's put it nicely. It will be coming out in MA article by Dick Sarapolus soon.
Old 11-13-2002, 06:11 AM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Twin Ryobi's

You're right, Soarrich, the Skyrocket was the F5F. There were only two of them built, they were too ugly to be allowed to breed.
Go for the F7F. Still not a commonly modeled airplane, and the problems with the prototype F5F still hold in a model of the thing. The only thing better on the Skyrocket was the engines being a lot closer together. On the '7 the engines are WAY out on the wings, I scratched a small (twin AMD 0.061 engines) F7F and overscaled the rudder and vertical fin to 150% just because of that. If you build the Skyrocket, an F7F-1 or a dash two you will be plagued with the small verticals, the dash three had a much taller fin. And a lower VMC to go with it. My baby Tigercat's VMC isn't very far above it's stall speed, so it can be handled. Unless you really know the F7F series it doesn't even look wrong. But if you must build the F5F I wish you much enjoyment with it, my not liking it doesn't mean there aren't 50 people out there that love it. I say 50 because outside of nuts like us there probably aren't 51 who have heard of it.

Get in the spin, fly your twin.

WLR