Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Rib #2 for Goldberg Sukhoi

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Rib #2 for Goldberg Sukhoi

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2002, 01:16 PM
Foxbat711
My Feedback: (29)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rib #2 for Goldberg Sukhoi

I just checked my NIB kit.... It looks like they corrected rib #2... It was located on a ply sheet that was lazer cut.... it appears to be sized correctly.
Old 02-06-2002, 11:40 PM
2lo
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THANKS FOR POSTING! LET US KNOW IF THERE ARE ANY OTHER UPDATES OR MODS FOR THIS KIT. REAL CURIOUS IF THE KIT QAULITY IMPROOVED.
Old 02-09-2002, 01:51 AM
Sukhoi1

Its about time! 5 years ago when I built mine You had to "identify" this potential structural flaw and remedy it yourself. The 'mod' was worth it, 3 hard landings convinced me of that. Glad to hear the CG is still moving forward!
Old 02-09-2002, 02:35 PM
RCPilot100
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Correct Rib?

Be careful - when I was talking with the Bozos at CGM, right after the first of the year, they didn't even know if they had a correct pattern for the # 2 rib in their shop. After repeated calls and e-mails, I finally got to a guy named Elmer who supposedly knows all at Goldberg - he was gonna look and call me back - he never did. The set of bad ones I got with my kit were also laser cut - real nice work, but wrong anyway. From what I did learn, they sent the whole job out somewhere, got to look at a completed plane, and said OK, put 200 kits together for us. Because they never built one of the kits, they didn't know about all the problems. So far, wrong thickness for the about half the tail pieces, wrong #2 ribs and wrong incidence on the tail feathers. I like the plane, this is my second - but my last Goldberg. Over the years Goldberg would go out of their way to help with a problem - now they seem to be a bumbling company on its way to distinction. It seem like they had a falling out with Great Planes - which I can understand - but given the the way it works - if you don't deal with Great Planes - you are in a bunch of hurt - and probably short lived. My $0.02 worth - I think it is a shame, but when you can't get help after repeated calls and emails on a $235.00 kit, then you don't get my business again.

Dan
Old 08-24-2002, 05:17 PM
pmuscutt

Sorry to bring an old thread back to life but... I'm looking into getting the kit and I'm wondering how you tell if it's the new improved kit or the old kit? A small lhs has the kit still on the shelf for the last 2 years, I assume it's the old kit. What would I need to do to mount landing gear to the fuse instead of the wing? Thanks!

Patrick