Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

best hl?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 05:46 AM
insecureshoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best hl?

Accoring to [link=http://www.hobbytron.com/AirsoftTanks.html]hobbytron[/link] the german panther is the most ex*****ve.

Are they trying to say it is the best one? Its even more expensive than the smoke and sounds.

Im pretty sure the Tiger I was talked about being the best HL.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:12 AM
Killhammer

Default RE: best hl?

The panther is by far not hte best HL tank. It the least accurate of the HL tank, and with no smoke and sound they are off their rocker for asking that much for it.

Jeff
Old 02-11-2007, 09:37 AM
swathdiver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's pretty funny! All the electronics on the smoke and sound tanks are the same. So which is "best" for you is purely subjective. The most agile, reliable tank is the Walker Bulldog then Pershing because of their superior suspension and track designs. They're not superior because of HL, because they were in real life too. Get what you like and enjoy it, don't worry you won't buy just one, I've got up to 4 of each model so far!
Old 02-11-2007, 10:41 AM
Richard L.
My Feedback: (24)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: insecureshoe

Accoring to [link=http://www.hobbytron.com/AirsoftTanks.html]hobbytron[/link] the german panther is the most ex*****ve.
To me, the Panther is certainly not the best. It doesn't even look like the real Panther. How can it be the best when it uses the same chassis from the Tiger I and the same HL electronics? Expensive does not mean best. It just a marketing ploy to cover up the design flaw.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:35 PM
The_Stuff

seems the fav is the bulldog.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:46 AM
Harquebus

The Bulldog may seem to be the best to those who own it because a lot of times it is the only tank they own. Naturally I think the Pershing is the best as it's the only HL tank I have. I guess we are all biased in favor of the tank we drive.

Then again, I can only base my preference based on my and other's experiences with the Pershing. It stacks up pretty well against the rest of the HL lineup and has no known vices (assuming one has a fault-free Pershing from the onset).

Yes the Bulldog has higher ground clearance. I'm not sure it is scaled to the original in this respect but the chances of high-centering any HL tank is quite slim unless you commonly drive it over fist sized rocks...

-HARQ
Old 02-23-2007, 01:44 AM
noddywa

Hi All..While I have spent hours reading these forums and getting some tips and tricks, keep up the good work and keep comming with new ideas..
As it takes someone sometime to find out which is the most reliable tank from henglong as I have a 1:16 german panther that arrived faulty. now fixed but won't reverse straight backwards,,I was actually wanting the 1:12 scale tank but missed out on it anyway..

could I suggest for us newbies that a poll be taken by everyone with a henglong tank whether it be 1:24 or 1:16 and the outcome be which one is really reliable and breaks down the least ?? is this possible ??
as this was a bad start to getting back into the RC hobby as I had previously had a kwaka rc bike , a monster beetle , a monster truck , a plane or two and several differern't boats and two heli's
over the years . I'm now trying to get a new system board for my panther a non smoking and non sound version and only one system board inside it ,not two like most of the others
I thank you for your consideration
Noddywa
Old 02-23-2007, 06:53 AM
Wozwasnt

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Sometimes it's the luck of the draw.

The newer HL's are better and the NON smoke and sound ones really suck. Having said that I've had a non SS Panther for about 8 months and it's still fine (just the odd wire coming loose), yet some people have had lots of problems with their newer tanks.

If you don't mind working on them then all the HL's are good tanks. Just remember that just like real tanks, they have to be driven with some care.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:23 PM
Harquebus

While a HL poll might be helpful, I think the best news in this regard is that we're seeing continual improvements in construction/components as well as quality control and these improvements do not affect just a particular tank in the line but all of them. I think the non S&S tanks are obsolete and more prone to faults so I'm speaking about the exalted S&S versions.

The newest tank in the lineup, the HL Panzerkampfwagen III for instance, has a new and improved smoke generator purported to be nearly noiseless and very adept at belching out the smoke. I've seen this same smoker unit being added to the older S&S tanks as well.

Alas, Wozwasnt is correct. Unfortunately it is sometimes the luck of the draw. At least spare parts are plentiful and rather inexpensive and repair is relatively easy as well.

I find myself frequently asking this question of others like yourself, but which tank do you like the best? Find the one you like and take it from there... We can advise you further.

-H