Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New Rules RCU commercial advertisers LOOK!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New Rules RCU commercial advertisers LOOK!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 04:04 PM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New Rules RCU commercial advertisers LOOK!

I highly recommend that users of this site get the word out to their favorite vendor that the commercial posting rules have changed at RCUNIVERSE.COM!! To me, this will be an exceptional value to members who frequent this site. The new rules as posted are copied below, but I'd like to suggest that members lobby moderators and [email protected] as to how to refine what's written below to make it better for all of us. I'll give some ideas as to what I would like to see in this forum, and it can go from there.

The new rules allow for non-advertisers to talk about products they sell in this forum. With Jeremy canned off the site, wouldn't it be great to have a PPG rep, or other paint manufacturer pushing and discussing product here? If you know one, that could also sell what he'd be talking about, sign that person up! I mean, this means if you want to make tires for jets, you can bring them to market here! A lot of us know how hard it is to get product from Robart sometimes, if you know someone that can come on here and provide an alternative, have them do so! Please!

My first suggestion would be to up the limit of how often an advantage could be used to provide information on a product, but time and input can tell and change things. This is definately a great first step!

Please mention this thread or copy the information and take it to other forums. There is so much product out there that we don't come across that I would love to hear about!

POSTING ADVERTISEMENTS:
This is a forum of ideas and discussions. We do not wish to have the readers of the forums overwhelmed with advertisements but realize that posting announcements or interesting new product information is information our members want. To balance this need for information and the need to prevent spamming of ads in our forums, we will allow the following to be posted:

Any current advertiser on RC Universe may post one announcement with product information or news no more then once every 2 weeks

Any non-advertiser on RC Universe may post one announcement with product information or news no more then once every month

Commercial announcements must be made in one forum only and the forum must be applicable to the topic of the commercial announcement thread

Members may reply to these threads and vendors may follow up with answers, support or additional information.

"Build Threads" are permitted

No "sale" ads or graphical ads allowed. This is for dissemination of product announcement, market research or pertinent news strictly.

No bumping is allowed. Companies should use common sense discretion when adding information so they don't aggravate their customers

Full disclosure of company affiliation is required for these posts.

Companies may answer within ongoing threads whether providing direct answers to questions about their products & support or adding pertinent product information such as specs, photos, videos, inventory status for example.

Companies will refrain from posting in threads of their competitors where the subject contains another companies name or product in it.

RC Universe proven banner ads are in place for those who desire additional exposure, branding, marketing and promotion. Please seek out the advertising information RCU has available to promote your products by clicking the advertise link atop every page here on the website.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:21 PM
Wayne22
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Rules RCU commercial advertisers LOOK!

With Jeremy canned off the site
Whaaa??? Where did you hear this??
Old 02-14-2005, 07:48 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sean,

correction. jeremy is not canned off rcu. he has full access. perhaps with the changes and new information he might just resurface under the new environment here. there were some things I believe about the old setup that upset him. perhaps this will alleviate those concerns.
Old 02-14-2005, 09:18 PM
Lt. Dan
My Feedback: (21)

ORIGINAL: seanreit

Please mention this thread or copy the information and take it to other forums. There is so much product out there that we don't come across that I would love to hear about!

Good idea RC Universe members, spam other forums! Just be sure to point out in those 'other forums' as you plug RCU that RCU will promptly delete any references made to their forums if they try that sh1t here!
Old 02-14-2005, 10:19 PM
mvigod
Banned

Lt. Dan,

GAME SHOW BUZZAH

Anyone can post a link on rcu to other sites including forums as long as it points to a specific page, answer, solution to a thread. We do not allow generic statements which are spam such as "Check out my new website here at www.mysite.com" or "Go to www.mysite.com" for the answer". In contrast stuff like this is allowed "See this thread for that answer www.mysite.com/specificthread.php" or "see the how to on my site here www.mysite.com/braketutorial.html"

this applies for forums or otherwise. if we did not do this everyone and their best friend would just use rcu to spam their sites rather then post specific links which answer actual questions. there are 10's of thousands of links on rcu right now to other sites where the links follow this protocol. very simple.
Old 02-15-2005, 12:31 AM
Lt. Dan

That sounds great on paper, Marc. Now for reality. Any reference made to other sites gets deleted in seconds. Your have a person blatantly telling other RCU members to spam other forums to let them know about the great new widget that has been implemented in here. Since you have an anti-spam policy, wouldn't the appropriate thing to do is discourage this sort of activity from your own members?

On second thought, don't answer this question, I'm already tone deaf to the RCU propoganda machine.
Old 02-15-2005, 08:02 AM
mvigod
Banned

Lt. Dan,

I won't even reply to that other then to let the members read into what we both have stated here as they so choose.

EOM
Old 02-15-2005, 08:20 AM
seanreit

Lt. Dan, I assure you that you don't have the clout nor the support to come on here and complain about my posting practices. Consider this a pat on the butt and advice to move your opinions elsewhere and we'll get along just fine

Sean
Old 02-15-2005, 10:00 AM
Lt. Dan

Lt. Dan, I assure you that you don't have the clout nor the support to come on here and complain about my posting practices. Consider this a pat on the butt and advice to move your opinions elsewhere and we'll get along just fine

Sean
Sean, at what point in your self-important post did you feel that your opinion mattered to me? I can only imagine how full of one's self one must be to tell another person that they don't have enough 'clout' to be entitled to an opinion, and then wish them away. How can you take yourself so serious? Do you really think you'd have the cajones to make such assinine comments to another man in person?

I'll move my opinions where I choose, and getting along with you on the internet is hardly a priority in my life.

I don't generally like other men to pat me on the butt, but if I ever decide to swing that way, I'll keep you in mind.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:04 AM
mvigod
Banned

To all. Please read this one rule. Let's keep RCU friendly and fun and talk about the hobby again as it should be.

Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post. We encourage the free flow of your ideas, but believe that they can be communicated (and received) much more effectively if you keep things civil. If you have to vent, take it offline.
Old 02-15-2005, 12:05 PM
Shaun Evans

RCU,

Good on ya for trying this out. Just out of curiousity, why the change of heart?
Old 02-15-2005, 12:17 PM
seanreit

Shuan, don't jinx it dude! Just start rolling out the pics of products and talk it up! This is such an incredible new feature, I just hope enough vendors get the word. I can only imagine the products out there that this community is not aware of, if only someone would chime in and introduce a product as revolutionary as Hysol 9462 or BVM's brake valve, or a less expensive west systems type solution?

Oh, and if I havn't said it publically, that "new" innovative website we've all been PM'd about recently (in express violation of RCU rules).

It's a complete JOKE. Don't waste your time
Old 02-15-2005, 12:23 PM
mvigod
Banned

ORIGINAL: YellowAircraft

RCU,

Good on ya for trying this out. Just out of curiousity, why the change of heart?
I'm a 30 year modeler myself. A very avid one too. I'm doing what I think is best for the members, advertisers and RCU all in one simple tweaking of the rules. I constantly get daily feedback from members and our moderators all the time on things. I value everyones input (despite my occassional defensiveness...hey I'm human too!) The time was right to implement these changes which have been on the drafting board for a LONG time now for us. We really just wanted to make sure that what we did had the highest likelihood of success all around. So far the feedback on the changes is overwhelmingly positive which is not only refreshing but a relief.

Thanks everyone for hangin'
Old 02-15-2005, 06:42 PM
Lt. Dan

It's a complete JOKE. Don't waste your time
Compared to patting other men on the butt, everything else must be a joke.

Sean, why don't you PM your IP address to me and we'll be sure to spare you from the displeasure of viewing such substandard material.
Old 02-15-2005, 06:46 PM
mvigod
Banned

Lt. Dan & Sean. Last warning. Please take it offline. While our info flow is free we must be civil to each other out here. If you have differences no need to share them with 150,000 other members. I ask you please use PM or email if you must.

Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post. We encourage the free flow of your ideas, but believe that they can be communicated (and received) much more effectively if you keep things civil. If you have to vent, take it offline. Thanks.

I am thanking you both in advance for your cooperation on this.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:24 PM
Skymac
My Feedback: (8)

Since everyone is talking about New & Improved.......(Change Of Subject)

How about you make it where if not logged in and viewing something, then log-in while say; getting ready to reply..And instead of it taking you back to the main RCU Homepage it takes you right back where you were like alot of other forums???
Old 02-15-2005, 08:27 PM
mvigod
Banned

ORIGINAL: Skymac

How about you make it where if not logged in and viewing something, then log-in while say; getting ready to reply..And instead of it taking you back to the main RCU Homepage it takes you right back where you were like alot of other forums???
Not sure I understand the suggestion clearly.

We have 2 options now.

A) Post then go back to same thread

B) Post then return to forum after posting

To choose select the checkbox next to "Return to Forum after Posting" right above the post submit button. Does this answer the request?
Old 02-15-2005, 08:29 PM
Lt. Dan

ORIGINAL: RCadmin

Not sure I understand the suggestion clearly.

We have 2 options now.

A) Post then go back to same thread

B) Post then return to forum after posting

To choose select the checkbox next to "Return to Forum after Posting" right above the post submit button. Does this answer the request?
Marc, what he is saying is that if you're reading a thread, and you click on a post or quote button, but you're not logged in, it pulls up the login screen and after you log in it doesn't return you to what you were doing, but leaves you on a different page. You then have to go back and find where you were trying to post.
Old 02-15-2005, 08:53 PM
mvigod
Banned

Ok....let me see if I can track that login redirect and then pop you back to where you were previously.
Old 02-15-2005, 09:54 PM
Skymac
My Feedback: (8)

Good, that's always bugging the living ^%#@^ out of me.
Old 02-16-2005, 12:21 AM
seanreit

Lt. Dan, thank you for your continued support and clarification of the issues for Marc. It's guys like you that help make RCU better than other forum sites out there
Old 02-16-2005, 12:26 AM
mvigod
Banned

Please test this now. I believe the new code is working correct.

marc
Old 02-16-2005, 01:30 AM
Lt. Dan

ORIGINAL: RCadmin

Please test this now. I believe the new code is working correct.

marc

Didn't work for me. I was looged out and I clicked the quote button to respond to your post and after logging in, it took me back to the index page.
Old 02-16-2005, 01:32 AM
Lt. Dan

Lt. Dan, thank you for your continued support and clarification of the issues for Marc. It's guys like you that help make RCU better than other forum sites out there
I'm sorry, but you're going to have to submit your clout and support references before addressing me.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:25 AM
mvigod
Banned

can somebody else test to see if it pass/fails

it just worked for me using IE6.

first log out.

second go to any thread in the forum

then click quote or reply and a popup with no permission should appear. click the link on that popup to login.

on the login page it takes you to login normally. the page will refresh then simply wait 2 seconds and you sould end up on the thread you started at.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.