Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Changeing GMS exhaust direction

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 11:14 AM
Wayne Miller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changeing GMS exhaust direction

Hi,

The first post seems to have gotten lost. Please forgive me if this is posted twice.

I have a GMS .47 and a .76 and would like to reposition the exhaust exit direction.

On other mufflers I have been able to loosen the straight through bolt and just turn the rear half of the muffler and reposition the exhaust pipe.

The GMS muffler has a straight through bolt, and this leads me to believe it should turn. However the mufflers do not appear to have a seam that would allow the back half of the muffler to rotate and change the exhaust direction.

Does anyone know if the back half of these mufflers will turn?

Thanks for your help.

Wayne Miller
Old 08-19-2004, 03:07 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Changeing GMS exhaust direction

There are two different kinds of mufflers on these engines. The original tuned kind will twist all around if you loosen the nut. The aluminum tube and the tail piece will either one rotate.

The second type (which I do not have) is supposed to do the same but it rotates farther forward right behind the fins and the pressure tap... it may be stuck?

Enjoy,

Jim
Old 08-19-2004, 05:37 PM
Wayne Miller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Changeing GMS exhaust direction

Hi Jim,

I loosened the bolt going through the muffler and you are absolutely right! The surfaces are so well mated, that it didn't appear to be joined. I was able to reposition the exhaust with no problem.

Thanks for your help.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne