Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

CMP Extra 300 Yay or Nay?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 08:17 PM
Shouter
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CMP Extra 300 Yay or Nay?

Got this plane a little awhile ago, all built w/SuperTigre 2300 in it. Great running engine, so far just breaking it in. Thumbs up or thumbs down on this plane? I dont want all out 3D, just more pattern stuff, etc. Flight reports, build mods, etc., all would be great
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65471.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	715897  
Old 01-05-2008, 09:31 PM
hellyeh

Default RE: CMP Extra 300 Yay or Nay?

Someone else has GOT to have flown this airplane , or seen one fly . I am in the same boat , i acquired one awhile ago , and am not sure what to mount on the nose . I want it to be able to pull out of a hover / vertical pull with authority . Any suggestions from anyone on which engine would work good in this plane . I have a very good selection of gas and glow engines , but i would rather not do the trial and error method .
Old 11-06-2008, 11:02 AM
Shouter
My Feedback: (1)

nobody??
Old 11-08-2008, 12:17 PM
AJsToyz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have flown this plane. I bought it with a 2.4 Brison Gas engine, seemed to be to heavy for 3D, might be ok with a Glow engine. The only thing I can offer is to make sure the plane is balanced. If the lateral is off it is hard to control pulling it out of a dive or doing loops. The stock CG seems to work pretty good , at least with the gas engine. With the gas engine it came in just over 15 lbs. I tried moving the CG back about 1/2" and it was no good , plane was way to squirly. The plane did fly pretty nice , and landed really easy once set up right. Personally I would not buy one , there are better planes on the market , but if you already own one just make sure your set up is good and it should be ok. Make sure you check to see if it has enough glue !!! I don't know if its cost savings or a fear of getting glued to the plane but the two Nitroplanes I have seen didn't have enough glue. They both started to come apart at the seams.

Hope this helps.

Andy
Old 11-25-2009, 11:24 AM
hellyeh

Well , a year later and the airplane has finally been flown . I mounted a CRRC 26 gasser on the nose and took it for a spin . Dry weight came in at 13lbs. 4 oz. before the first flight . I was a little skeptical having not flown anything with this high of wingloading before , but all that worry was uncalled for . The first couple landings were a little hot , but by the third one , i was able to slow it down to a very acceptable speed . Vertical is not unlimited , but it does climb pretty high before it runs out of steam . With more fuel through the engine and some prop tuning (currently spinning a SY 16x8) , it will get better . While not a 3D machine it is a very capable sport plane . Overall i'm very happy with this combination . I searched and searched for information on this plane and never found much for positive comments , but i'm telling you today , it's a good combination .