Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Control Lines
Reload this Page >

First Control line Coroplast

Community
Search
Notices
Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

First Control line Coroplast

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 04:16 PM
propjobbill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Control line Coroplast

I had ask about coroplast control line airplanes a week or so ago. I build by own design it is some soroplast and some wood. The plane is 36-inch wingspan it is o flat 4MM coroplast for the wing the rudder is also 4MM along with the stabilizer and elevator. I didn’t know how well it would fly, but I was surprised. It flies very nice with an old McCoy .35 engine running at about 9,500 rpm with a 10/6 propeller. It has 4-inch plastic wheels made from PVC 4’ Test Caps it takes off from3” grass in about 10’ or less it flies very stable. My first flight was in 15 mph wind and it flew great.

I don’t think it would do a lot of stunts as set up, but with more power it will do most stunts. I was amazed at how well it flew it’s easy to control yet very responsive. Of course I am bias as the designer but for a plane that a child could build in an hour or two for less than $5.00 I don’t know why more people aren’t building coroplast planes for beginners. These planes are almost indestructible, easy to build, easy to fly, and very cheap to build.

This was my first one but I already know a few things I am going to change to make it easier to build and faster to build. The next one may have an airfoil to it

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq48008.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	349720   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql34329.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	349721  
Old 11-06-2005, 06:53 PM
green river rc
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: First Control line Coroplast

Post a picture, we would love to see it!
Old 11-06-2005, 10:04 PM
propjobbill

The fuselage is made from 10MM coroplast the next one won't have wood strips showing. I have cut wood inserts that slide inside the flutes on the fuselage. this way they made it solid, they extend back over the wing which keeps the fuselage from being able to snap.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:39 PM
robear1053

We've been doing a lot of 1/2A coroplast cl planes here in Omaha. Check out the club's web pages.
http://hometown.aol.com/hockypro/myh...e/profile.html
The full delta is nose heavy. The combat style wing with straight leading edge is tail heavy with a cox "product" engine. The clipped delta flys well and the kids love it as their "stealth bomber".
Bob Furr
Old 12-13-2005, 11:40 PM
kdheath

Nice job getting a turnout there, Bob. Good to see lots of kidsbuilding and flying.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:25 AM
propjobbill

Those are a great looking group of young people. It's great to see someone working with youth for control line.

About the delta wings, I built one of my own about 1 year ago.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39504.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	369833  
Old 12-18-2005, 10:15 AM
MFK

Where can I find plans for 1/2A coroplast cl planes?
The delta's look like what I am looking for.
Old 01-09-2006, 12:03 AM
robear1053

Sorry I took so long to reply. Look on the web for the MANWIN trainer. I believe it is on a Canadian website. The delta we fly is the same size and construction just a swept back leading edge. My only warning is that it is easy to make the plane so noseheavy that it is hard to get into the air and will have no glide. Try doing a stock MANWIN first.
Bob Furr
Old 01-09-2006, 09:44 AM
Andrew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: MFK

Where can I find plans for 1/2A coroplast cl planes?
The delta's look like what I am looking for.

Here is the link to [link=http://www.balsabeavers.ca/begginers_page.htm]Balsa Beavers[/link] coroplast trainer and [link=http://www.balsabeavers.ca/images/Trainer2.pdf]plan set[/link]. I've built several of these for the kids and old f..ts (me included) in the club to fly. We're primarily a R/C club, but have a C/L circle at our field -- unlike some other clubs, we just like model planes, regardless of type.

andrew