Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

TC4 CVD Pin

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 07:15 PM
///M Power

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TC4 CVD Pin

I am in the middle of assembling my first rc car (TC4). Currently I am at Step 1 of bag G "CVD's"
My question is how do the CVD Pins stay in place? The pins slide in and out very easy and will surely shake out once I put it on the road.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:38 AM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: TC4 CVD Pin

They're probably held in place with a grub screw. Threadlocked in place the pins shouldn't come loose. If you can't see anywhere that a grub screw would thread into post up a picture or two....
Old 07-11-2006, 10:03 AM
///M Power

Yes there is a grub screw. I just dont see how you tighten the screw once you have seated it into the CVD arm. The screw is blocked once seated.
I will try to take some pics tonight. Thanks for the response.

Old 07-11-2006, 11:26 AM
Philster

I looked at the manual, and it looks like you can't. ThenI looked closer: Shouldn't you be able to swing the connection so that the grub screw is exposed and you can use the small hex to tighten it down?

With the CVD straight, sure it is hidden, but you should be able to move the joint such that the grub screw top is exposed.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:29 AM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, you need to rotate the joint to get at the grub screw - as with most vehicles. Don't forget to threadlock it, or you'll soon loose the pin and grub screw.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:33 AM
Philster

Here is the pic from the manual. The whole point of a CVD is that is swings and moves around all axis, so it should be moved such that the grub screw is exposed.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46930.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	490092  
Old 07-11-2006, 11:53 AM
///M Power

Brilliant! My electronics arive today so this nugget of info couldn’t have come at a better time.
I actually had the CVD's on the car before I relized my blunder so i couldnt actually swivel them to uncover the solution.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to help a newb.