Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Turbine CD's near VA

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Turbine CD's near VA

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 11:43 AM
slick121985
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbine CD's near VA

Well now that i've joined the military (U.S. Navy), got married (I'll move the airplane off the dining room table in a minute honey....) and old...(turned 21 yesturday)... I'm no longer living in sunny south florida, and don't have Vern and Larry Kramers' private field to fly off of anymore. Need to finally complete my waiver paperwork...hopefully sometime before FJ '07. Any Turbine CD's near the VA area? Or anywhere on the mid atlantic? I've tried contacting a couple, but no luck. Thanks, Greg
Old 12-20-2006, 12:34 PM
George
My Feedback: (57)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Turbine CD's near VA

Greg, Bob Klenke is a Turbine CD and he is Richmond. He may be persuaded to come down to Fentress and help sign you off. It probably wouldn't hurt to offer him gas money and lunch, but he's a real nice guy and may just do it to have an excuse to come down and fly with the gang. Give him a try. He frequents this forum all the time.

George
Old 12-20-2006, 01:25 PM
joeflyer
My Feedback: (48)

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

There is a complete list of all of the Turbine CD's on the AMA website. Under "Membership Services" click on "AMA Documents", then scroll down to the Turbine section. It's document # 510-K.

Joe
Old 12-20-2006, 05:50 PM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

ORIGINAL: joeflyer

There is a complete list of all of the Turbine CD's on the AMA website. Under "Membership Services" click on "AMA Documents", then scroll down to the Turbine section. It's document # 510-K.

Joe
Actually, I don't know why they keep 510-k around anymore because there is really no longer such a thing as a "Turbine CD" anymore. It used to be that you need one of these guys, who were specially anointed by the AMA safety committee, to sign off a turbine waiver. Now all you need is one plain vanilla turbine waiver holder, and a second waiver holder who is also just a plain vanilla CD. If you look at document 510-M, the last column, you will see all of the folks who are in that category - and its more than those listed in 510-k.

Anyway, George is right, I am willing to come down to Fentress to do signoffs. In fact, we were down there two weeks ago Sunday and did 4 that day. However George is way off track when he says I'm a nice guy - I'm a a pain in the ***** - just ask my wife and kids...

Bob
Old 12-20-2006, 06:01 PM
John Redman
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You still need a turbine Cd for a rotary wing waiver Bob. That is all we are good for anymore. Signing off heli guys.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:40 PM
slick121985
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob,

I think the wife's pain in the ***** stems more from the jets than you. Could i have a contact number of some kind please???? I'd really like to get this squared away soon. Thanks a lot, Greg Murphy
Old 12-20-2006, 10:29 PM
joeflyer
My Feedback: (48)

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Actually, I don't know why they keep 510-k around anymore because there is really no longer such a thing as a "Turbine CD" anymore. It used to be that you need one of these guys, who were specially anointed by the AMA safety committee, to sign off a turbine waiver. Now all you need is one plain vanilla turbine waiver holder, and a second waiver holder who is also just a plain vanilla CD. If you look at document 510-M, the last column, you will see all of the folks who are in that category - and its more than those listed in 510-k.
Bob,
Thanks for pointing that out. I had noticed that the last column mysteriously appeared on 510-M a while back. Although it implied what you said it was not spelled out. After noticing it I asked two local CD's that have turbine waivers if they were now able to s/o waiver applications and they were not aware of the change. Document 510-K now says that it is not a complete list of those that can s/o for Fixed Wing Turbine Waivers.

Joe
Old 12-22-2006, 02:57 PM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Greg,

I sent you a PM with my phone number. I'll be out of town this weekend (23rd and 24th), but back after that...

Bob