Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Pipe and other upgrade questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 08:55 PM
AlucardTepes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pipe and other upgrade questions

Hello,

I was wondering if the Ribbed pipes from HPI will make much of a difference over the tuned pipe that comes with the Savage LE. Also, how much of a stering/cornering difference does that suspension conversion set from HPI make?

Are the aluminum lower arms worth getting? Or will these just add weight and not really make much of a difference other then looks. How much of a power loss is there when there is alot of aluminum parts on the truck? I am running a stock Savage LE, other then the 3 shoe aluminum cluth form HPI and Zombie Maxx tires. Are any of the aluminum parts worth getting? Or is that more or less personal preferences?

What brand names should be avoided when buying parts and what are the best ones to look for? Or are they all pretty much the same in quality/price.

Would it be worth while to change the stock shock setup at all? Or is it good the way it is other then shock oil. I am primarily a basher.

Thanks for any help.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:16 PM
whitesox350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pipe and other upgrade questions

the ribbed pipe will give better acceleration
don't get aluminum arms, they still bend and if you get them and they don't bend, than u'll break a lot of turnbuckles or ever shocks
don't get integy aluminum, they bend really easy (from what i've heard)