Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

T-Maxx Cleaning questions!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2002, 01:14 AM
UNITED RC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-Maxx Cleaning questions!!!

I just bought my first T-Maxx and I have broken it in. Well, I have also takin' it to the lots in our neighbor hood that are not completed....needless to say, my Maxx is a bit dirty. What is the best way to care for my T-Maxx (Dirt around the glow plug, dirt all over the components). What about cleaning around bearings, etc.???

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-23-2002, 02:01 AM
EddieTheKydd

well i usually just take mine apart and clean it.. just with paper towels and q tips and stuff... take the heat sink off and get into all the grooves and stuff.. ive raced mine in just about everything.... and clay is really hard to get off... dont worry so much about the diffs and stuff like that.. there pretty much sealed shut just get the dirt off your engine cuz that gets hot and you need that to cool off as much as you can. and just make sure you dont get dirt in your tank... you can get most of it just by a few good wipes!
Old 04-23-2002, 02:15 AM
UNITED RC

what about the liquid? water or will a cleaner do ok?
Old 04-23-2002, 02:34 AM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

get some nitro wash, or denatured alcohol, or, my favorite, electro wash for electronics, doesnt hurt anything, and dries itself off
Old 04-23-2002, 04:00 PM
EddieTheKydd

i personally just use a little but of water on a paper towel or rag... besides that cleaner can get really expensive!
Old 12-06-2002, 01:30 AM
2homelitefreaks

Default Beach Sand woes

This thread has been dead for a while, but it's targeting my needs.

Anyway. I bought my Savage 21 last Friday and I took it to a rather large parking lot to continue my breakin for tanks 4 and 5. My friend encouraged me to take my Savage for a spin on the beach. So I did. Now my truck is unbelievably dirty. The dirt looks to be sticking all over my truck due to the salt. I have hit it with air, but I think I may need to head out to a gas station and see if someone can let me use a compressor for a while.

I was just wondering if there was something that I can spray on my truck that will losen the dirt from all the tiny crevaces. Enough so that I can blow it off when I get somemore air. I have a bunch of denatured alcohol and I also have simple green (nothing needs degreasing as of yet).

Basically I am looking for some good recommendations. Thanks in advance for your time.
Old 12-06-2002, 01:53 AM
dg2b

Denatured alcohol and presured air (compressor or air tank). Denatured will not hurt plastic or electronics.
Old 12-06-2002, 01:58 AM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

I use my small shop compressor to blow of the dust and anything it can remove. Then I use small size bristle brushes (throw aways) and easily get into nooks and crannies to help clean off grit (residue from exhaust and dirt). It really doesn't take long to make a sweep over the entire truck (Tmaxx). I bought two bags of these great little brushes on eBay. Very cheap and no big loss to throw away when they wear out. By using rubbing alcohol in a little tupperware bowl....I can dip the bristles....flick off the excess alcohol....wipe the bristles on paper towels and re-use them. The brushes have thin metal handles that are round. I simply flatten them with a small hammer....and by doing that....I can get the bristles into tight spots that other things will not fit into.

Another hobby tip of the day.
Old 12-06-2002, 02:02 AM
2homelitefreaks

Now that's Service!!!

Thanks guys! I'll continue moving forward with my cleanup.

:sunsmiley