Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JR 12X Throttle Friction

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JR 12X Throttle Friction

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 08:51 AM
turnnburn
My Feedback: (49)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 12X Throttle Friction

Anybody else besides me find it impossible to increase the throttle friction on this TX ?
Old 09-01-2008, 10:08 AM
CraigG
My Feedback: (40)

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
Default RE: JR 12X Throttle Friction

Turnburn,

It's well hidded but this pic shows how. Remove the small rubber cover (to the rear right of the module) and turn the phillips screw inside clockwise to tighten the throttle friction. Takes about 3 or 4 turns.

Craig
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70870.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	1023787  
Old 09-01-2008, 08:55 PM
turnnburn

I failed to mention, I see the screw but I can't get it to turn. It appears to be slightly bent as it doesnt line up real well with the hole. Needless to say I have tried a few differnt size and types of screw drivers. Evidently I'm the only guy who cant get it adjusted. It is far too loose for my preferance as it came from the factory.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:59 PM
turnnburn

Man I feel even dumber now. I just looked at Craigs picture and I see that I have been trying to turn the wrong screw. I was trying to adjust the one under the large removeable rubber pad. I see a long screw there that moves up and down with throttle stick movement and assumed that was the proper one. Thanks Craig, I will now go and try the correct screw.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:20 PM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: turnnburn

Man I feel even dumber now. .

There's many one liners here I don't know where to start. I guess I'll tell you in person next weekend when there's more time.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:47 PM
turnnburn

Go ahead, have your fun, just remember one thing................................... As of yet atleast I havent tried to "HUG" a tree with a jet model airplane.

I adjusted the proper screw as tight as it will go and it increased the friction to a barely acceptable level, I would prefer a bit more. I sure wish they still had the rachets like my 10SX and 10X.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:55 PM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go ahead, have your fun, just remember one thing................................... As of yet atleast I havent tried to "HUG" a tree with a jet model airplane.
200 perfect landing and no one remember, put a KingCat thru a tree three years later and I'm still hearing about it.

You can send the TX to Horizon and they will install the rachet for free. Or you can order the part for a fee and do it yourself.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:07 PM
turnnburn

Thats good to know. Based upon my apparent stupidity regarding this issue so far do you realy think its wise for ME to be digging into the inards of my shiny new TX ???

Oh, did you do that to the Waco tree Bob ? I was reffering to a differnt tree trimmer. NOT ! ! ! ! !
Old 09-21-2008, 05:16 AM
airwayman
My Feedback: (2)

Man I feel even dumber now. I just looked at Craigs picture and I see that I have been trying to turn the wrong screw. I was trying to adjust the one under the large removeable rubber pad. I see a long screw there that moves up and down with throttle stick movement and assumed that was the proper one. Thanks Craig, I will now go and try the correct screw.
The smaller of the two 12X manuals shows a picture of the back of the Tx...I think on the inside cover?? It points to the spot under the large removeable rubber pad 'with the long screw that moves up and down' as the spring tensioner for the throttle. It does not mention the small rubber cover Craig talks about. I'm certainly no expert on this, if Craig or someone knows differently, let me know. Anyway, I screwed this screw in all the way and it did basically nothing for the throttle but it did seem to tighten the rudder gimble? I called JR. The tech said he highly recommended I NOT take the back off. They have received several 12Xs back for repair because the back was removed and something was damaged. Cost to repair this non-warranty damage was around 300 somolians (as Boss Hogg used to call dollars). I complained about the lack of a throttle ratchet. The tech said they left it out to appease the heli guys. He said to send it in and they'd install a throttle ratchet. He said the spring tensioners "are springs and they don't do much but you should definitely notice a difference." I don't on the throttle, I do on the other sticks. Airwayman
Old 09-21-2008, 05:55 AM
airwayman
My Feedback: (2)

[quote]ORIGINAL: airwayman

The smaller of the two 12X manuals shows a picture of the back of the Tx...I think on the inside cover?? It points to the spot under the large removeable rubber pad 'with the long screw that moves up and down' as the spring tensioner for the throttle. It does not mention the small rubber cover Craig talks about.
Sorry, I goofed. The picture of the back of the 12X transmitter showing the location of the throttle spring tensioner screw is on gpge A3 of the "big book", the Instruction and Programming Manual. Airwayman
Old 09-21-2008, 09:45 AM
Helijet

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

It DEFINITELY makes a difference adjusting the tension screw. I found mine was way too light ( was actually giving inadvertant rudder input ). I turned mine in at least 4 full turns.

D.W.