Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Fastener-Express New Products

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 06:16 PM
fastener-express

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fastener-Express New Products

Hi everyone,

We are always trying to keep up with trends in the hobby market in order to be able to provide the most useful products to our customers. In order to accomplish this, there is no better way than to seek input from the folks who actually use these products. We would sincerely appreciate any product suggestions that will assist us in adding new items. Based on past suggestions, we have added many more sizes of anodized aluminum in black and silver and this benefits everyone.
http://www.fastener-express.com/inde...n=Custom&ID=10

For the sake of keeping this on topic, please limit posts to product suggestions only. We will post again in the future regarding other aspects of our services. Thank you very much!
Old 03-07-2008, 01:45 AM
bte214

Default RE: Fastener-Express New Products

Adding more screw kits (I am looking for one for my RC10T4 now) for cars and having bulk screws in smaller incriments. If I buy a set of 100 and my car only requires 2, it would take a long time to get my money's worth.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:47 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Smaller quantity options would be nice - even if you have to maintain a minimum order amount, but just so that we can get many different kinds without having to pay hundreds.
Old 03-07-2008, 08:06 AM
J.D.T

they have some kits specifically for rc cars for $8 on up and if you want spairs for $65.00 you can pick 10 different anodized sizes and styles and you get 20 of each one, its on the assortment page at the link above, I got a bunch of stainless from them a few years, great company IMO.
Old 03-20-2008, 05:42 PM
fastener-express

Thank You for the imput everybody. We take all imput and suggestions into consideration when updating our site, to reflect the newest products and trends.

Fastener-Express.com
Old 03-22-2008, 02:12 AM
brettkrupa

On the site it will say something like M1.5 x .35 x 4mm Socket for the screw, how do you read this? what is the M1.5? as well is the .35 the length and the 4mm the screw width? So in my manual it says I need a 6mm x 12mm screw what would I look for as far as numbers. Cause none of the screws say 6x12 :P Thanks!
Old 03-22-2008, 09:25 AM
fastener-express

ORIGINAL: brettkrupa

On the site it will say something like M1.5 x .35 x 4mm Socket for the screw, how do you read this? what is the M1.5? as well is the .35 the length and the 4mm the screw width? So in my manual it says I need a 6mm x 12mm screw what would I look for as far as numbers. Cause none of the screws say 6x12 :P Thanks!
brettkrupa,

On metric parts, using your example, the first number M1.5 represents the diameter of the threaded portion. So the threaded portion measures 1.5mm across. Basically, it is the size of the hole the part is going in. The .35 is the threads per millimeter, or "thread pitch". The last number is the lengh of the threaded portion with one exception being a flat head screw. The length on a flat head would encompass the entire part since it is countersunk and hits flush with the surface.

So, long story short, your 6mm x 12mm is a M6 x 12mm. Apparently there was no thread pitch mentioned which "USUALLY" means it is a common coarse thread which is the the type we carry. There is also fine, and ultra fine threads which are a little less common. If you need more clarification please do not hestitate to ask!
Old 03-22-2008, 10:49 AM
Kitsune
My Feedback: (7)

I was looking at your site and noticed you sell hex drivers individually too. I like that cause I can save money and space in my toolbox by buying just the sizes I need.

Also, I was wondering where most of your fasteners are made? I try to avoid buying products from China as much as possible.
Old 03-22-2008, 03:11 PM
fastener-express

ORIGINAL: Kitsune

I was looking at your site and noticed you sell hex drivers individually too. I like that cause I can save money and space in my toolbox by buying just the sizes I need.

Also, I was wondering where most of your fasteners are made? I try to avoid buying products from China as much as possible.
Kitsune,

Most of our stainless and alloy parts are made overseas: Europe and Asia. We, however, make all of the aluminum screws ourselves in Orange County, CA. U.S.A.