Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Hangar 9 extra 260 27% electric convertion

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Hangar 9 extra 260 27% electric convertion

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 02:41 AM
Raflex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hangar 9 extra 260 27% electric convertion

<span style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(251, 252, 255);">Hello everybody,</span><br style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px;" /><br style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px;" /><span style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(251, 252, 255);">I'm trying to convert my Hangar 9 extra 260 27% to electric.</span><br style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px;" /><span style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(251, 252, 255);">I'm using the HXT 6364 230 kv and with 8s lippo 30c 4000 ma i have 8kgr static thrust.</span><br style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px;" /><span style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(251, 252, 255);">Propeller 20x10 Apc.</span><br style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px;" /><br style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px;" /><span style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(251, 252, 255);">I havent flown yet because my CG is about one inche aft of the suggested .</span><br style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px;" /><span style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(251, 252, 255);">If anyone can help me on this , this plane can fly safely 3d with this aft cg? or i should stick to the manuals.</span><br style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px;" /><span style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(251, 252, 255);">About the deflection rates , shall i follow the manuals or can i use more throws for 3d.</span><br style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px;" /><br style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px;" /><span style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(251, 252, 255);">Iam planning to connect in series the 6s with 2s lipo to get the 8s that is required. Anyone have something to tell me about that?</span><br style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px;" /><br style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px;" /><span style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(251, 252, 255);">Looking forward for your replies</span>
Old 03-27-2013, 06:02 AM
Walt Thyng
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: Hangar 9 extra 260 27% electric convertion

you don't say what the plane weighs, but 8kg thrust is quite a bit. How many amps are you pulling?

After losing a couple of 5 and 6 cell packs (and one 10 cell) all I buy now are two and three cells packs that I series together to get the voltage I need. As a sport flier I cannot detect aany losses.

As far as the c/g and control throws, go with the book for initial flights and put LOTS of expo in. That said, Hangar 9 has the reputation (in my club at least) of having poorly calculated c/gs - usually too far aft, so I wouldn't try to fly with one an inch back of what they say. Personally, on all H9 stuff,I now recalculate the c/g myself.
Walt
Old 03-27-2013, 06:41 AM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

I agree with Walt, unless you have the CG set correctly you are probably looking at a very short unhappy maiden.

There are CG calc programs available on the web.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:22 AM
Raflex

First of all thank you very much for your reply.

The plane weights RTF with batteries 6kgr and the thrust i measure is 8 kgr on 91 Amps.
I will keep your advice on CG by adding some weight on the nose and if i see that this cg will be the final i will move the Rudder servo forward.

Concerning the Lipos in series , during my tests i notice that the 2s battery is dropping first. It will be a good idea to use instead 6s4Amp+2s4Amp,
6s4Amp+2s4.5Amp.(well mentioned is that both batteries are the same C rate but different brant)

Thanks.<br type="_moz" />
Old 03-27-2013, 10:01 AM
Walt Thyng
My Feedback: (9)

Being in series is probably not why the 2S pack is dropping first. It is most likely simply the difference between the packs -more cycles, manufacturing tolerances, just a plain old weak pack.
Walt