Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

apprentice 15e motor problems

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

apprentice 15e motor problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 09:20 PM
t47xracer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default apprentice 15e motor problems

Hey there, I just flew my Apprentice and for one thing I couldn't get it to trim out, but besides that I finally got it to land and came down in a wheat field. I thought that I had cut the throttle but when I approached the plane it was jerking and the motor tone was beeping. I disconnected the power and checked out the plane. Everything seemed to be ok so I powered back up and everything worked except the motor. If I leave the power supply plugged in and turn the radio off then back on the motor starts up on it's own and won't shut all the way off. Any Ideas? Thanks.
Old 04-27-2013, 03:09 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: apprentice 15e motor problems

Hi,
Good choice on your plane!
First NEVER turn off your transmitter while the plane is powered on. You will loose connection and control (depending how the plane is set-up) and it can be very dangerous. Always power on the transmitter first and the plane last and when shutting down always power down the plane first and the transmitter last.
Onto the motor issue. On the transmitter make sure the throttle(left stick) is lowered all the way and it's trim control is lowered all the way. Power on the transmitter and then plug the battery into the plane. When the battery is connected, you will hear one low long tone to indicate startup, then the respective number of medium-length mid tones to indicate the cell count or a musical tone, followed by three rising tones to indicate
the controller is armed. Once you hear the last 3 tones the motor is armed and the prop should turn as you raise the throttle.

If you don't hear the tones check the throttle and trim controls on the transmitter and make sure they are set to low, check the connections between the motor and the ESC(speed control), and check the receiver connections. If in doubt you can refer to the manual for radio set-up and power-on procedures.http://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/EFL2...ice-Manual.pdf

As far as not being able to trim the plane , what exactly is the problem? The trim levers shouldn't be moved much in order to get the plane flying straight and level, if so something else is out of adjustment. If it's windy out the plane will bounce around , rise and fall, even if it's trimmed properly and make it seem as thought it's not .

Good luck
Old 04-27-2013, 01:16 PM
t47xracer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: apprentice 15e motor problems

Well I got it fixed. I talked to my lhs and they suggested that a I might have my throttle trim set too high. They were right as usual, thanks again to Hillsboro hobby. All I had to do was run my throttle trim back down and everything was fine. Of course now today it's too windy to fly it again : (