Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Powerbox EVO/Duralite/P51

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 06:38 AM
BalsaBob
My Feedback: (24)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Powerbox EVO/Duralite/P51

Working on the TF Giant P51. I had planned on using a Powerbox EVO 40/16 (primarily for its redundant battery setup) and Duralite batteries (2 1900 mah packs) I noticed that the battery leads (into the Powerbox) are 22 guage wire. I just want to confirm that this is adequate for the current. I will be using 9 servos (4 are digital). Thanks. Bob
Old 06-26-2006, 07:01 AM
wingburner
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Powerbox EVO/Duralite/P51

Bob,you have to buy the powerbox batteries...They have 16 guage wire and have a male multiplex connector on them to plug into the powerbox....I believe you will have to buy their 2000 mah powerbox batteries.

Jack
Old 06-26-2006, 08:57 AM
BalsaBob
My Feedback: (24)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Jack. I am now thinking that the ones I bought were probably for their switch that has the voltage regulator built in ..... and not for a Powerbox. Thanks. Bob
Old 06-26-2006, 08:59 AM
SoCalSal
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can buy the Multiplex connetors at a good hobby shop. Then get the Lipos from who ever you want and use the 16ga wire. The battries you might buy from whom you got your powerbox will almost cost the same as the powerbox .
ORIGINAL: BalsaBob

Working on the TF Giant P51. I had planned on using a Powerbox EVO 40/16 (primarily for its redundant battery setup) and Duralite batteries (2 1900 mah packs) I noticed that the battery leads (into the Powerbox) are 22 guage wire. I just want to confirm that this is adequate for the current. I will be using 9 servos (4 are digital). Thanks. Bob