Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.
View Poll Results: A poll
Wealthy
71.74%
In between
19.57%
Poor
8.70%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Traxxas= Wealthy or Poor?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 08:23 AM
Takedown
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxas= Wealthy or Poor?

OK so I went to my LHS yesterday with one of my friends and I asked the guy there why he likes traxxas so much. He says that he like traxxas because it is the most thriving r/c company on the market today just because they come out with new products every year that make people go [X(]. What do you think of this?
Old 07-06-2007, 09:05 AM
Mr. Mugen

Default RE: Traxxas= Wealthy or Poor?

huh? What is the question? They obviously aren't poor..................I have around 20 of their cars/trucks alone. Are you asking if they are poor or wealthy really? Seriously?
Old 07-06-2007, 09:23 AM
Takedown

ORIGINAL: Mr. Mugen

huh? What is the question? They obviously aren't poor..................I have around 20 of their cars/trucks alone. Are you asking if they are poor or wealthy really? Seriously?
No no no Im wondering if you traxxas is wealthy or poor.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:35 AM
Frozen72

I think that they must be doing good to have a new car every few months.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:38 AM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't really say, its like they are doing good with all of these cars or trying to make more money with these new cars.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:42 AM
Takedown

Im still waiting for traxxas to make a nice kit or a Mini.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:43 AM
Nick2618

I would say traxxas is prob the most wealthy rc company. They are in EVERY hobby shop and even have test drive trucks at most of them. So you can try a nitro rc before you buy one. Which i would say is helpful to noobs everywhere.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:06 AM
Takedown

ORIGINAL: nick2618

I would say traxxas is prob the most wealthy rc company. They are in EVERY hobby shop and even have test drive trucks at most of them. So you can try a nitro rc before you buy one. Which i would say is helpful to noobs everywhere.
Yeah thats huge in the r/c industry. If you have spare parts or replacements the more hobby shops there at the more there noticed.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:19 AM
annie_himself

ORIGINAL: Takedown

Yea right!
Old 07-06-2007, 11:21 AM
Takedown

ORIGINAL: annie_himself

Yea right!
lol, why not? Traxxas surprized us with a brushless RTR stampede/rustler/bandit. And the all time best racer IMO the revo.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:46 AM
KillerJato

I think Traxxas does very will with there lineup. There support is one of the best. They target noobies and bashers the most for obvious reasons, thats where the $ is. Thats also why the get a bad rap for stuff breaking, noobs don't know what they are doing and bashers run them into the ground. They have one heck of a MT racer in the Revo thats already a proven winner, plus one minute it's a MT and the next it can be a truggy.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:48 AM
Nick2618

I dont think we will get a kit from traxxas. The rc market has almost intirly moved to rtr. except tamiya and a few race heavy models.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:26 PM
cheech4

I have nothing but good things to say about traxxas, BUT who ever said that there coming out with new products all the time must be kidding.. they just released the the new line up of stampede, rustler and bandit, prior to that the designs were the same for years.. and the new vxl traxxas is not a new traxxas it just a xl5 with some hup up its not a totally new design although for traxxas it might be a good move. but if you look at the revo- same design for a long time. tmaxx- same design and its a dinosaur, emaxx- same thing old design. traxxas does not come out with new stuff all the time. with the exception of the new xl5 designs everything else traxxas has done are just improvements.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:29 PM
annie_himself

Yea right!
lol, why not? Traxxas surprized us with a brushless RTR stampede/rustler/bandit. And the all time best racer IMO the revo.
If the Revo is oh so great at racing then why don't they have a kit out? Because Traxxas doesn't care about anything but money. Plus, the Revo takes alot of money to get it very competitive compared to other trucks.

Like cheech said, they have the oldest crap cars out today but are still making money simply because the put speed ratings on the box. That is why I will never buy a Traxxas again in my life.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:09 PM
cheech4

another example, the jato and the 4 tec.... jato same design only things changed was the 3.3 motor... and the 4 tec same thing, same design just change the motor.. thats not a different vehicle it just improvements or factory hopup, its been the same thing and has been the same for years with traxxas.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:15 PM
sdub

I used to like traxxas but when i got my 2.5 t-maxx
ive had nothing but problems with I never get to drive it.
As soon as I get 1 thing fixed another thing goes wrong.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:13 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Yea right!
If Traxxas made a Revo kit, I would so buy it even though I would change out the drive shafs and chunk the POS stock suspension arms.

I just do not like the radio, the TRX engine that come with the Revo. I DO like its innovative design features, its very light weight body, and its ability to handle like a very nimble jack rabbit.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:50 PM
jkdv8
My Feedback: (1)

they must be doin something right for most other manufacturers to jump on the bandwagon. how many very similar monster trucks have come out since the t-maxx?
Old 07-07-2007, 12:36 AM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

Traxxas is obviously wealthy.

They sell entry level products at fairly cheap prices. They Do Not come out with new products every couple of months... [sm=confused.gif] where do you get that?
I guess if you count the 3.3 4 tec, 3.3 tmaxx etc, they do, but all they are doing is making a poor product slightly better with few changes and little redesign.
This is a very cheap way to get sales. EG: Someone who already has a tmax2.5 may consider a 3.3 also, whereas if they came out with the 3.3 orignally, they would effectively reduce their own sales.
This is the same trick incorporated by many many companies in all industries. Release a mediocre product, even though you have better technology and methods already, then release the upgrades, newer models, and special editions down the line.

for example mirosoft's xbox360 came with only component video outs. most people with an HDTV bought one, then they release the "elite verison" with HDMI cpabilities so you can get better resolution, so this way they increase their target audience by getting some people to buy 2. The technology was already there, and the hardware was capable of running it, but they did not include it originally.

I have had nothing but bad luck with traxxas, especially the new 3.3 engine. The only thing I like about them is the design of the revo. Great racing design, but poor quality parts.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:15 AM
annie_himself

ORIGINAL: jkdv8

they must be doin something right for most other manufacturers to jump on the bandwagon. how many very similar monster trucks have come out since the t-maxx?
Every popular truck will be copied or used as a base for another truck, look at the Savage. That still is a great truck, the Maxx never was even OK.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:45 AM
thestudguy

how many people will still be duped by traxxas. it is a pitty that a company such as traxxas cant get their fingers out of thier own butt holles. and start working on upgrade products. such as fly wheels and a arms. made of alloy. hpi has my respect in that regard. i drive traxxas. love the tmaxx 3.3. but really. such self oppinionated bollux i have never seen in my life. even got a snotty answer from traxxas in this regard.
What a waste.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:42 AM
cheech4

In my opinion, traxxas has to come out with some serios design changes OR major improvements on there older products.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:55 AM
Takedown

ORIGINAL: cheech4

In my opinion, traxxas has to come out with some serios design changes OR major improvements on there older products.
I think that traxxas is either tight on a budget for production or there very greedy. they never come out with any new cars/trucks. They always upgrade the old ones.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:10 AM
cwaterhunter

i have a few trazzas things,, T-MAX. tec 4 nitro vee,, iam into boats now,,pros and cons about the NV,, abs hull.stearable out drive, hatch falls off alot you have to change the hold downs,,what i do like about it is RTS ( have used it a few times lol) the clutch,, makes it easyer to launch and retieve,,,there is a tread on here that is about 50 pages of hop ups and changes,, i just got a aquacraft nitro super vee 27.. this thing rocks,, mid 30's out of the box,, and a fiberglass hull,,a .18 .. traxxas is way behind in the marine field,,tone of owners would love a 2.5 one,, like they did with the tec-4,,, you can get a marine watercolled head for it,, they show a marine header,, not made yet,, lets face it a newby looking for a RTR woyld go with the super vee 27.. less money,, glass hull.. larger motor... mid 30's out of the box compaired to mid 20's with the Nitro Vee the super vee is $279.00 new and the nitro vee, 329.00.. almost a no brainer,, lol.. i do like traxxas stuff but,,,, they need to redo there boats,,the 2.5 and the 3.3. i have had great luck with,,or maybe they could do a upgrade kit for the nv,, header,, head, throttle linkage,,for either motor,, iam sure it would sell... COME ON TRAXXAS,, GIVE THE BOATERS WHAT THEY WANT AND NEED,,
Old 07-07-2007, 01:07 PM
annie_himself

More like give everyone what they deserve!

Takedown-I think their greedy and don't want to spend any money with new designs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.