Go Back  RCU Forums > RCU Rules & FAQs > RCUniverse.com FAQ
Reload this Page >

Servo non responsive

Community
Search
Notices
RCUniverse.com FAQ RCU''s most frequently asked questions.

Servo non responsive

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 07:42 AM
racer4ever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo non responsive

Ok, this this is my first RCU thread.

RC Car: Redcat Racing Caldera XB 10e.
Servo: HPI SF-50
Transmitter/receiver: Stock (2.4G FS GT2)
Motor: Stock, no specs given besides 3570kv
Battery: Turnigy Nano-Tech, 35c-70c, 3S, 3300mah
ESC: HobbyKing x-car 120a

Long story short, I had been running this thing with the stock esc (Ezrun 35a) for quite some time, but one day the fan stopped, the esc overheated an it just shut down do to the overheating fail safe. instead of getting a new fan I decided it was time for something more powerful. I went with the HobbyKing x-car 120a. So, I plugged her in, was getting ready to do calibration and everything when I noticed my servo was completely unresponsive. Even when I put the battery in (several times) I didn't notice a twitch or anything. To try and find the problem I put my esc (which worked fine) into the channel that I was using for my servo. I used the steering wheel on the transmitter to control the throttle and it worked fine. So here are the problems I've ruled out:

1: It can't be the channel because the it worked fine with the esc plugged in.
2: It can't be the servo/receiver compatibility because it worked fine with my other esc.

So I have NO idea at all what the problem is. I'm completely stumped. I've even tried controlling the servo with the throttle using the esc's channel. Nothing. Hopefully someone who has some experience can help me out. Thanks in advance.