Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

ECO 8 Phaser 30-3 CC45 Pheonix, some setup questions

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

ECO 8 Phaser 30-3 CC45 Pheonix, some setup questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 08:05 AM
DavidBunn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECO 8 Phaser 30-3 CC45 Pheonix, some setup questions

I just got a ECO 8 and assembled it. I fly aggressive 3d with Raptors, but wanted to try my hand in Eflite.

I have a borrowed Phaser 30-3 on it now and flew it last night in the street lights for the first time. I was impressed with how locked in and smooth this stock little heli was. No vibration and decent responce to cyclics. I flew it with 2 2000 mah Kokam 2 cell packs wired in series (9 ounces at14.8 volts?) and would really jump when juice tossed to it. I also have 3 1500 3cell kokams wired parallel (17 ounces at 11.1 with 4500mah)

My questions are these...

I am running all the servos and gyro off the CC 45 pheonix 5 volt output that goes through the throttle. Is this sufficient or should I do a different setup (seperate battery or wire in somekind of regulator)

What is good combination motor for affordability, performance and flight duration? Buy a Phaser 30-3 or something else?

Is it better efficiency and cooler for esc and motor to run 11.1 volts at 90% throttle all the time or 14.8 at 50% throttle

Are there any MUST HAVES (not interested for just bling) upgrades needed for this stock ECO 8?

Thanks for helping this newbie (to eflite helis) out.
David
252-341-5126[8D]
Old 12-06-2004, 09:46 PM
www.stef.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ECO 8 Phaser 30-3 CC45 Pheonix, some setup questions

I think must have upgrades for the Eco are both the aluminum chassis plate for its heat sinking effect and the aluminum crossbrace stiffener. I find the stock setup resonates at so many vibration levels that the cross brace makes things a lot tighter. I can't comment on your other questions as I don't use Bec and I'm running NiMH. Hacker B-50, 8 cell NimH, Smile 40-8-16, just getting into 3d but no problem with this setup with inverted climbout at -12 degrees of pitch.