Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

How to install Aluminum Spinners?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 12:09 AM
T3beatz
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to install Aluminum Spinners?

I just need some help on how to install an aluminum spinner. I have a peak model 65cc engine and the screw that holds the prop and prop washer on is a Flat Hex head type. How do I mount an aluminum spinner to that type of bolt? is there a spinner adaptor for it, or will I have to find a different type of bolt and get it tapped? any suggestions would be much apreciated!

Thanx, T.J.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:41 AM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts
Default RE: How to install Aluminum Spinners?

Most off the engine companies .....Zenoah, Brillelli, BCMA, Fuji, just to mention a few .... offer tapped bolts. You can also get one from Ralph at Rcign. I'm surprised your engine didn't come with one as this is just about a standard engine feature.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:53 AM
T3beatz
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Naw, I have an SPE 26cc and it came with one but the Peak 65cc just had the Hex head type bolt. So once I find a tapped bolt I just screw the spinner on with the spinner screw?
Old 03-11-2008, 08:37 AM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

ORIGINAL: T3beatz

Naw, I have an SPE 26cc and it came with one but the Peak 65cc just had the Hex head type bolt. So once I find a tapped bolt I just screw the spinner on with the spinner screw?
Yes, though in some cases you may need to buy a longer spinner bolt. Also watch the threads as some bolts are tapped 10-32 SAE threads and others are tapped 5mm. Same with the bolts, they can be either thread size depending on source. Here is one source for the tapped bolts.

http://bcmaengines.com/Accessories.htm