Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Weatronic professional user manuals.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Weatronic professional user manuals.

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 02:20 AM
olnico

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Weatronic professional user manuals.

Dear all.
As the USA release of the BAt 60 and BAT 64 is approaching, I have started writing professional grade user manuals for the Weatronic receiver line.

The user manuals are available on the download tab of the product page.
I have updated the Gizmo receiver line:

http://www.ultimate-jets.net/collect...c-gizmo-series

and the Micro receiver line:

http://www.ultimate-jets.net/collect...c-micro-series

The next one to come will be the Gigacontrol software user manual then the smart 8 series user manual:

http://www.ultimate-jets.net/collect...tronic-smart-8

Once we have the final firmware of the BAT 60 with all the features implemented and a full record of test operations, I will also update the user manual here:

http://www.ultimate-jets.net/collect...60-transmitter
Old 11-17-2014, 03:53 AM
David Gladwin

Received 147 Likes on 95 Posts

Absolutely first class stuff, Oli, really great job. I have just installed another Micro 12 Rx in a Paritech DG 303, 5m, just makes installation so easy and allows such precise setup. 14 servos in this model needed a couple of JR Matchboxes and all is working just fine with these add-on devices.

I have extensively tested the patch antennae this summer and all my Gizmo type Rxs now have them , the Rf strength was never a problem but its even stronger now, its really super to be able to see the numbers on the Naview, so confidence building.

New models for next season are the refurbished FC Mig 29 with twin Jetcat 140s and a SkyGate Hawk with an AMT Olympus, both with Gizmos and patch Rx antennae and my BAT 60 delivery is expected this week so really looking forward to your contribution.

Its really great, too. to see professional pilots like yourself sharing my enthusiasim about this system, I really do think it is the very safest system one can use and by far the most capable too with its fantastic programmability and data recording and that view is based on the experience of using the Wea 2.4 system in about 10 jets (and 4 electric models) for 5 years, a fairly good trial !

Best regards,

David.
Old 11-17-2014, 03:59 AM
olnico

Thanks for the kind words, David.
You know that if you do not want to use any matchbox in there, you can also setup a smart 8 receiver as sub and synchronize it to the main ( Micro 12 ).
14 servos is really not a problem with this setup, as it can manage up to 60.
The BAT 60 can manage even more: 96 channels and 90 servos output!
Old 11-17-2014, 07:58 AM
sidgates
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by olnico
Dear all.
As the USA release of the BAt 60 and BAT 64 is approaching, I have started writing professional grade user manuals for the Weatronic receiver line.

The user manuals are available on the download tab of the product page.
I have updated the Gizmo receiver line:

Sid

http://www.ultimate-jets.net/collect...c-gizmo-series

and the Micro receiver line:

http://www.ultimate-jets.net/collect...c-micro-series

The next one to come will be the Gigacontrol software user manual then the smart 8 series user manual:

http://www.ultimate-jets.net/collect...tronic-smart-8

Once we have the final firmware of the BAT 60 with all the features implemented and a full record of test operations, I will also update the user manual here:

http://www.ultimate-jets.net/collect...60-transmitter
================================================== =====================
Oli,
I want to express my appreciation for your efforts, I took a quick look at the Micro Manual this morning. I hope Weatronic appreciates and recognizes your efforts.
Sid Gates
Old 11-17-2014, 08:21 AM
olnico

Originally Posted by sidgates
================================================== =====================
Oli,
I hope Weatronic appreciates and recognizes your efforts.
Sid Gates
Thanks for the kind words Sid.
It actually doesn't really matter. I don't do this for Weatronic. I do it to help my friends and customers.
There was no proper documentation in English language up to now and that was a problem...
Old 11-17-2014, 09:23 AM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by olnico
You know that if you do not want to use any matchbox in there, you can also setup a smart 8 receiver as sub and synchronize it to the main ( Micro 12 ).
14 servos is really not a problem with this setup, as it can manage up to 60.
The BAT 60 can manage even more: 96 channels and 90 servos output!
Oli,
First, I want to join the others in thanking you for your work to make Weatronic more understandable to us.

On the comment about using a 2nd receiver, I got the impression from Jens that that connection was not as reliable as the one used by the main receiver so it should not be used in critical functions. Are you referring to something else?

Thanks
Old 11-17-2014, 12:41 PM
fireblade5437

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oli

Only just seen this, in a word... Perfect
Hopefully will be getting my Bat 60 early in new year once updates have been done!

Thanks mate

Alan
Old 11-17-2014, 02:24 PM
patf
My Feedback: (4)

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Fine work as always Oli. you may want to drop a little copyright on there tho! too much good work to have someone else claim it...
Old 11-19-2014, 01:51 AM
olnico

Here is the Gigacontrol user manual.
This represents hundred of hours of work and 6 years of experience using the software.
For those who do not know the Weatronic system well, it is a good introduction to the world leading programming power offered by this product.

While browsing through the 42 pages of the manual, you will soon realize that this system surpasses anything on the market by a huge lead...

http://www.geohei.lu/olin/data/model...%20rev%201.pdf

BTW, this only covers Transmitter configuration, receiver configuration and servo mapping.
No advanced procedures and techniques neither here. Just a basic description of the software functions.
When the other 7 tabs will be covered and the advanced procedures and techniques included ( they are available on my blog already), the manual will most probably well over 100 pages.

Last edited by olnico; 11-19-2014 at 01:55 AM.
Old 11-19-2014, 01:52 AM
olnico

Originally Posted by Edgar Perez
Oli,
First, I want to join the others in thanking you for your work to make Weatronic more understandable to us.

On the comment about using a 2nd receiver, I got the impression from Jens that that connection was not as reliable as the one used by the main receiver so it should not be used in critical functions. Are you referring to something else?

Thanks
I Do not have a precise answer to this question.
I have forwarded this to the designer of the system for comment. I will come back to you when I have an answer.
Old 11-19-2014, 01:56 AM
olnico

Originally Posted by patf
Fine work as always Oli. you may want to drop a little copyright on there tho! too much good work to have someone else claim it...
Yep, possibly...
Old 11-19-2014, 09:15 AM
olnico

[QUOTE=Edgar Perez;11919773

On the comment about using a 2nd receiver, I got the impression from Jens that that connection was not as reliable as the one used by the main receiver so it should not be used in critical functions.

[/QUOTE]

Just got the answer from the designer of the system and this is in line with my understanding of the protocol.
Basically, the receivers are working in parallel and listening to the same transmitter's wave train. The servo address is coded for receiver main or sub1 or sub2 in the same string. It does not work as master-> slave as some other systems on the market. This is one of the reasons why the two receivers do not have to be hard wired together.

So in essence there is no difference in the RF link quality or reliability if you get the signal to main, sub 1 or sub 2.
Just to confirm this: it means that one can use the full 90 servos output on this system.
Old 11-19-2014, 01:52 PM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Excellent news and evidently a different capability than the current slave setup in Gigacontrol. A new capability for the BAT system.
Old 11-19-2014, 05:11 PM
olnico

Originally Posted by Edgar Perez
Excellent news and evidently a different capability than the current slave setup in Gigacontrol. A new capability for the BAT system.
Yep. The BAT system is another world compared to any current transmitter system available on the market. It ever beats the best professional UAV RC systems :

. Full 96 control channels available vs 28 at the most for other systems,
.The first system to comply with ETSI standard EN 300 328 V1.8.1 on the market, MIL compliance in progress ( for our pro customers ), first system to make a full utilization of the 81 channels on the 2.4 GHz band and hop at . 100 Hz while maintain full data bandwidth capability ( thus the 96 control channels available ).
. The only system on the market to offer high sensitivity professional dual patch antennas for Tx and RX ( Gizmo ) and to offer true embedded dual redundancy without having to connect two Rx together and activate any option on the Tx.
. The largest color touch screen on the market, with the highest resolution: 5" diag @ 800 x 480 vs 4.3"diag @ 480 x 273 at the most.
. A unique full aluminum stick system working on a ramp device with customized feedback response curve.
. A unique programming system that offers the Multiplex MC series philosophy with the power of a full professional Linux OS onboard with dual core dedicated chipset.
. A unique custom ergonomics offer with dedicated switch shape, custom stick feedback feel, custom carbon fiber case, custom leather padding
. A unique battery management system with on-board endurance of up to 11 hours plus the ability to hot plug a remote battery or an AC power supply for unlimited running time.

All the features above are unique in the world and already available on the current BAT 60 transmitter that we are testing 24/7 at the moment. All 4 of our transmitter have already accumulated 500 running hours without a single interruption of the RF link. So we are now very close to MIL spec certification.

The other features that we are waiting for to release the transmitter to the market should be available with the next firmware release, coming hopefully in the next few days.