Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

3.0 sirio tx-18 T-maxx Im building

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2003, 04:58 AM
Hinkles_Hounds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3.0 sirio tx-18 T-maxx Im building

Hi I bought a 2.5 new t-maxx and installed a k&n air filter cool air pipe too. forgot to oil filter and sucked sand in and messed up piston. any way I bought a 3.0 sirio tx-18 off ebay hasnt arived yet but wondered if any one else has done this ? and what other upgrades ill need to make? I also put in a 6volt rx pack. and black trinity springs. will I need to get the new 18 pipe? they say maxx pipe will work? any hop up ideas?
Old 04-11-2003, 04:57 AM
Hinkles_Hounds

I got my sirio 18 3.0 in today have it installed but havent started it yet . they forgot to send my glow plugs . they recomend a mccoy #9 . I have a new mccoy #59 does anyone know if it will work? and If anyone has installed this motor on their maxx did your carb work good mine seems stiff doesnt open and close easy. I thick Ill work on the slide alittle.
Old 05-30-2003, 05:31 AM
Hinkles_Hounds

I now Have over a gallon thur the engine I cut 3/8 inch off header and put on a hp pipe made for the 18 it rocks
Old 05-30-2003, 08:22 PM
packfan88
My Feedback: (2)

pictures?
Old 05-31-2003, 04:34 AM
Hinkles_Hounds

hi this is a list up to date of hop ups
sirio 18-tx 3.0 engine 6 port ( they started selling 8 ports 2 weeks after I got mine cant wait to over haul,lol)
K&N air filter with cold air pipe on it
venom fail safe
trinity black heavy duty springs
6 volt rx pack 2700
Hp pipe made for the sirio 18
RPM upper and lower arms
aluminum front bulkhead
here is a link to some pics of my beast after a hard day of racing on my track. notice the antenna tube is shot and the bolts backed out of bulkhead where they meet the chassis , not to mention had to zip tie the body to the back body post lol.my pics of my truck