Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.
View Poll Results: A poll
on road electric
10.94%
off road electric
48.44%
on road nitro
3.13%
off road nitro
14.06%
on road gas
4.69%
off road gas
9.38%
cant decide
9.38%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

rc poll

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 12:31 PM
friteful

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rc poll

just wondering what you guys prefer
Old 06-03-2010, 12:54 PM
qoisdhc oqina
My Feedback: (-1)

Default RE: rc poll

Shouldnt it be on road, not no road? And i really cant decide, so thats what i voted.Offroad electric is alot of fun, so is onroad electric.And my onroad nitros(Original rs4 and street froce) have been a ton of fun....I really cant decide [&:]
Old 06-03-2010, 12:56 PM
MTboy

I just like RC anything...lol
Old 06-03-2010, 01:15 PM
kaiser01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my heart belongs in the dirt, with an electric motor out back.
offroad electric for me, but i like on road elcetric too.

i can't stand nitro, just not my cup of tea.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:22 PM
rc18junky

i voted onroad electric because they don't brake a lot
Old 06-03-2010, 02:33 PM
The Collector1
My Feedback: (2)

I like them all so, basically anything R/C is for me
Old 06-03-2010, 02:34 PM
FieroMan121
My Feedback: (2)

if it has a radio i like it but really i perfer 2wd offroad both nitro and electric
Old 06-05-2010, 10:48 AM
lez1troubles

I have been into this hobby now for around 30 years and like it all so long as its fun.
Old 06-05-2010, 12:04 PM
Willystylz

I only selected off-road electric cause it seems even though I like both, that's all I've been running lately seeming as I have a local off-road track and nothing notable for on-road.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:04 PM
stevenservo

Im love off road in general, but i like running electric more.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:52 AM
GmanBill
My Feedback: (10)

Electric and Gasoline are the only way to go for longterm, price also comes in to play.
1 gallon of gas mixed 50to1 is $3 and lasts you all weekend plus some, 1 gallon of 20% nitro lasts a day and costs you $30, the economy of a gas compared to glow is much better not only in price but also the motors are more efficient, cost less to replace than a glow and no Castor to clean off of the model.
Electric cars are still less money because if you have 3 or 4 battery setups (and I run LiPo's) you have less maintenance, if you are a good driver you can go out during practice and smoke the gas in the same class and with brush-less technologies now you can run 20 to 30 minutes on a good pack. I even have converted all my gas 1/8th scale truggies to brush-less and have kept the mechanical break on it where I can use the tires like a gyro (pitch the nose up and down). I have been in many races where they let the glow tryggies run with the electric and all the good electric guys lap the gassers multiple times in a 20 minute main. The only thing that going real high end with electric is the initial cost of the motor, speed control and batteries, but then I am not replacing a $300 engine every month either so the costs balance out.
Oh and did i mention Gas and Electric are CLEAN, no slime, no build up of oil on the suspension, on the frame, on the rear rim, etc. and so on.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:26 AM
lez1troubles

Hi GmanBill, you cold be right in changing to BL from Neo if your no good at looking after your engines.
As for your run times being longer, NO WAY, all I got to do is come in the pit and refill he tank which takes all of about 3 seconds where as you have to come in and take off your body before you can replace a fresh battery pack which takes about 2-3 minutes.
As for fuel covering your chassis, that problem is easy to solve by kust putting a rubber pipe on the stinger so that the exhaust fumes are directed straight at the ground.
Just last weekend we had an endurance race for the fun of it at our race track(6hours non stop), how many battery packs would you need to do that???
As for having to buy a new engine every month, what a load of bollucks, I've been racing the same engine for +/- 5years and the only thing that has been replaced is one main bearing. total cost so far being 10 euro.
Yes you may be able to go a bit faster (not much) but on a long race I'll catch you in the pit stops.
To all you Nitro guys out there,"make some noise.
To all you electro guys, shut up n race.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:49 AM
dominicevans

I hate threads like these the discussions are just going to become intense tooo intense causing a closing of the thread by a moderator...nitro vs electric (never gets old)
Old 06-06-2010, 09:59 AM
lez1troubles

It dont really matter what you have so long as its fun. Thats what a hobby is supposed to be about aint it???FUN
Nitro has its plus point as does Electro.
Its like "whats better??? Windows or Mac.
Windows of course, but then again, which windows is better??? 97 or 98 or maybe the latest version.
Hows about " My school was better than your school."
My golf clubs are better than your golf clubs and so on and so on.
Any one wanna bet, MY GIRLFRIEND IS BETTER THAN YOUR GIRL FRIEND???
Old 06-06-2010, 10:29 AM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: dominicevans

I hate threads like these the discussions are just going to become intense tooo intense causing a closing of the thread by a moderator...nitro vs electric (never gets old)
I agree, and unfortunately, the nitro junky vs flashlight head debates do always somehow come up.

Dont get me wrong, I have both Nitro and electric, and I personally like both. If I want to hit the trcks, having both nitro AND electric allows me to race in two classes.

As for the benefits of one or the other?
I love nitro because of the sound, smell, and the mechanical aspects of tinkering.
I also enjoy electric for the ease of use and the sheer power potential they have over nitro. And

The drawbacks of both are:
Nitro: way expensive fuel costs just to keep on doing it. Nitro, being an alcohol, burns way too fast so fuel efficiency is around 15min. Gasoline will give you no less than 30min of run time, maybe even as much as 45min or more.

Electrics: The run times are just as bad as nitro, and if you have a really hot set-up, you run times are worse than nitro unless you have an 8amp-hr capacity batt. The price of electric geear, the really hot-fast set-ups, are expensive. But fortunately, you only have to pay once and it will last you a long time.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:38 AM
rcslsafut

as long as it has wheels and it is r/c , it has my attention!!
Old 06-08-2010, 09:06 AM
bigblock454XXL
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: rcslsafut

as long as it has wheels and it is r/c , it has my attention!!
I second that. I voted can't decide. I have had so many over the years. I just got into Mini Trucking. And it's my favorite now. But I still race indoor carpet, TC3 and a SC10.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om34604.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	1450074   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je99974.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	1450075   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ch96072.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	1450076  
Old 06-08-2010, 02:01 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

ORIGINAL: GmanBill

Electric and Gasoline are the only way to go for longterm, price also comes in to play.
1 gallon of gas mixed 50to1 is $3 and lasts you all weekend plus some, 1 gallon of 20% nitro lasts a day and costs you $30, the economy of a gas compared to glow is much better not only in price but also the motors are more efficient, cost less to replace than a glow and no Castor to clean off of the model.
Electric cars are still less money because if you have 3 or 4 battery setups (and I run LiPo's) you have less maintenance, if you are a good driver you can go out during practice and smoke the gas in the same class and with brush-less technologies now you can run 20 to 30 minutes on a good pack. I even have converted all my gas 1/8th scale truggies to brush-less and have kept the mechanical break on it where I can use the tires like a gyro (pitch the nose up and down). I have been in many races where they let the glow tryggies run with the electric and all the good electric guys lap the gassers multiple times in a 20 minute main. The only thing that going real high end with electric is the initial cost of the motor, speed control and batteries, but then I am not replacing a $300 engine every month either so the costs balance out.
Oh and did i mention Gas and Electric are CLEAN, no slime, no build up of oil on the suspension, on the frame, on the rear rim, etc. and so on.
the nitro thing is debatable my one nitro gets around 20 mins off a 75CC tank so I estimate I'd get 12-14 hours off 1 gallon of nitro. Seeing most weeks I'd be lucky to get out for a hour or 2 that one gallon lasts me almost all season (I've yet to get out at all this spring with my RC's due to bad weather on days off)

1/5th gassers parts also cost a hell of alot more when something breaks. Hell for a set of tires for a Baja 5b it would cost me the same as the tires on my real car installed (thing that turned me off a 5b was the parts/tire cost), vs nitros parts are usually way cheaper. Hell for my savage I got HB tire sets for $10 for 4

and if you replace a $300 engine every month you have other issues than the nitro, but then again at points you are talking racing so high cost goes hand in hand with it, general bashing I found nitro to be WAY cheaper even after fuel and plugs and engine maintenance than brushless.

but thats only my opinion based on my running your experience seems to vary drastically