Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Carden wing sheeting?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2003, 09:28 PM
whidbey1
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carden wing sheeting?

Hi All
I am starting my 35% Carden Edge 540, it states you can either glue the sheeting together prior to glueing to the cores. Or tape sheeting together and glue with polyurethane glue to cores taped together, remove the tape and sand.
If I glue to cores with out glueing sheeting together, what type of polyurethane glue do you guys use? Or should I glue sheeting and epoxy to the cores?

Thanks in advance

Bill
Old 02-10-2003, 10:28 PM
gilcon

I used Elmer's Contractor Grade Pro-Bond on my AW 29% Edge and it came out great. I did edge glue the sheets first, but was planning on the tape-together method on my Carden 35% which is due in next month. Apply a thin coat of glue to the sheeting, dampen the wing core with a damp cloth (not too wet, just damp, it needs moisture to foam) and apply. You have plenty of time for adjustments. Weight it down with all those old modeling magazines. Good luck.

Hall
Old 02-10-2003, 10:36 PM
JRozman-delete
My Feedback: (2)

Default Pro Bond

Use ProBond polyurethane glue from Elmer's. The black and gold bottle. If you chose to glue sheeting together first do it with Titebond II or similar aliphatic wood glue, then use probond to glue the wood to foam cores.

Experiment with the probond and some foam. It does not take much. Epoxy will work, but it is heavy.

Go to www.edge540.com
or www.extra330.com

Bob Hudson's page is very detailed on "How to's".

Also I recommend calling Dennis at Carden. He is great to deal with and will take his time to explain every detail.

Be sure before you start!!!!!

Jess
Old 02-10-2003, 10:39 PM
JRozman-delete
My Feedback: (2)

Gilcon gives good advise.

Jess
Old 02-11-2003, 12:10 AM
gilcon