Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

servos for WarBird

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2003, 02:57 AM
iflewbayou-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default servos for WarBird

I am building an 81" wing span warbird, i was wondering what servos yall are using for the ..my flaps will have 1, 1 for each ali.., 2 for elev, 1 that will run the rudder and nose wheel, .. the plane is going to weigh in about 25lbs no way to get it liter, .... just wanting to get some idea on what yall use .....

Hope you can help ....
Old 06-17-2003, 10:12 PM
Giant Scale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alot depends on your budget. I'd probably use hitec digitals 5945/5925's for the ailerons/elevators and a 5735 on the rudder. If you don't like hitec, the jr 8411's and a 615 on rudder would be fine. Futaba also makes some great servos 5301 or 5050 on rudder, 9451's or 9350's on the other surfaces. High torque analogs will also work well. The hitec digitals are nice because you can use the programmer to set them up.
I tend to go overboard when it comes to picking servos you could probably get by with less expensive,lower torque servos. It all depends on your personal preference.
Old 06-18-2003, 02:17 AM
rc34074
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you should use relatively high torque servos- the 9000 series futaba servos are good for key surfaces like the ailerons and elevator. hitec makes some good low cost high torque servos -like the 605bb- which could work for the rudder, nose wheel, and flaps.

does your plane have recommended servo torques? sizes?
you should look for this.

what radio do you have?

ed