Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

68 mph from a weedy engine

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

68 mph from a weedy engine

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 01:31 PM
SUPER-V

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 68 mph from a weedy engine

I think I already know the answer to this question but i'll ask anyway as I don't have experience with the air cooled Zenoah engines . The engine is a 26 cc air cooled Zenoah fully modified with a big bore carb , steel pipe in a 53" V hull gator style boat . Is 65-68 mph ( supposedly gps'd ) possible with this setup .
Old 04-12-2009, 01:34 PM
Dreamin Hemi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 68 mph from a weedy engine

I've never seen or heard of one.
Old 04-12-2009, 02:30 PM
SUPER-V

Also just read this boat throws a rooster tail 20 ft in the air and 100 ft long , I think i'm starting to get the picture now
Old 04-12-2009, 02:42 PM
Silent-AV8R

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: SUPER-V
Is 65-68 mph ( supposedly gps'd ) possible with this setup .
Absolutely!! In fact, speeds in excess of that are possible. It just depends on how fast you can drive your car with the boat in it!!

Now on the water, this claim is utter nonsense
Old 04-12-2009, 02:55 PM
Paul M

I detect the distinct aroma of BFM (Bovine Fecal Matter)

Someone will believe it and in fact pay top dollar for it
Old 04-12-2009, 03:00 PM
Paul M

I just can't get over this one. You gotta be freakin kiddin me. Even if an aircooled engine could do that, that hull wouldn't run at that speed anyway.

65 to 68 - who is the clown claiming this nonsense. He needs to be exposed and humiliated immediately

Heck that's not too bad a day for a full mod zen or a QD
Old 04-12-2009, 03:03 PM
Paul M

100 foot roostertail???!!! Oh My Gosh. What is this thing..... a freakin Top Fuel Hydro [:@][:@]

Does a lake or bridge come with this boat?

I gotta see this ad for myself. Cmon let me see it[8D]
Old 04-12-2009, 03:42 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have read the same e-bay auction listing - the guy is not being as honest as he should be.

It is a Super G hull which for starters probably will be pressed to go faster than 50mph.

E-bay listing is 220391864524

Same joker is selling a Vern cat that he claims (bare hull) cost him $900 with the "custom" gel coat (Same flame job vern does on every cat - I almost think you have to pay Vern extra not to put the flames on it )

is the info from the listing (I cannot provide the link as it is a no no [])
This is not a toy boat and should only be used by experienced rc boaters.

Here is my deep vee custom built with a 26cc air cooled Zenoah engine I have over $1800 invested. Comes ready to run with a Sektrum Dx2.0 radio and 3 channel reciever. Also includes a 3 channel reciever, a high speet/torque throttle servo and a 1/4 scale high speed/torque steering servo. Water pick up is necessary to cool the exhaust adapter and is installed. It has been race modified to the extreem. It has had piston and jug work as well as a modified walbro big bore carb added. It has one of the best performance exhaust money can buy. It has been polished, ported and balanced. Engine meets 5+ h.p. on the dyno and cranks an incedible rpms. Not only does it sound sweet but it has been GPS clocked at 68 mph. Average speed is about 65 mph. It has one of the wickedest power bands I have ever heard on an rc boat. This boat will dominate at the races with out fail. It is very reliable and well cared for. Purple panther design is made of 6 year vinyl. Boat is actually white gel coat. Design can be changed or modified very easily.

Boat is an impressive 53 inches long from bow to exhaust tip and 14 inches wide. More than capable of handeling larger bodies of water with a light chop. In fact boat runs faster with a 4-6 inch chop.

When running this boat is capable of throwing a rooster tail 20 feet in the air for about 100 feet long.

AGAIN I MUST STATE THIS IS NOT A BEGINNERS TOY. IT MUST BE USED BY AN EXPERIENCED RC BOATER. NO CHILDREN UNLESS SUPERVISED BY AN EXPERIENCED ADULT. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ACCIDENTS OR INJURIES FROM IMPROPER USE OR SUPERVISION.

100% gauranteed to perform as stated.

Check out my other items!

Boat may need some assembly as it will be easier to ship if some disassembly is performed. All screws etc will be where the go. Just fit it back, tighten it down and rip it up....

Old 04-12-2009, 03:51 PM
SUPER-V

Justaddwata thanks that's the boat , I was mostly sure these numbers were off but just wanted to run it by you guy's , thanks .
Old 04-12-2009, 04:21 PM
Paul M

Oh Pleeeease. That is pathetic. I don't have 1800 in my QD powered Falcon and it really does do 70+.

Glad the tub on that piece of cr@p has plenty of room for all the bull poo poo to go into. If it get's any bids, we should warn them. I detest these types of sludge.

Ok, I'll calm down now. I'm done
Old 04-12-2009, 04:52 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Paul - you could always report the listing to e-bay as listing violation - off the top of my head he is keyword spamming by using Quickdraw and sikk in the heading. I am sure some have reported it - I imagine e-bay may act if sufficient people do like wise.

Amazing how hard it is for some people to be factual in their listings though - one thing if you dont know any better but I am pretty sure this joker does.
Old 04-12-2009, 05:14 PM
Paul M

Thanks for the suggestion, Matt. Already reported him. The keyword spamming violation is the easiest way to get rid of it.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:53 PM
noahdear
My Feedback: (2)

53 inches long from bow to tip of exhaust, but the pipe protrudes probably 8 - 10 inches over the transom judging by the photos.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:11 PM
Dreamin Hemi

ORIGINAL: Paul M

Thanks for the suggestion, Matt. Already reported him. The keyword spamming violation is the easiest way to get rid of it.
I also took the time to report...and to question the seller. Here is the response I just received.

The cat is pre drilled b me to hold a zen QD or a sikk engine and the deep vee has parts from all 3. Not to mention enforcer head of the river traxxas and spektrum.... I try de describe everything I can in the title but they only allow 52 characters not a lot of room to describe ones product. Normally I wouldn't explain my self but I will defend my hull builder. They are great boat hulls very strong and durable. I am in no means trying to screw you or anybody else. I would prefer it not to sell. That way the wife can't ***** and I get to keep all of my boats not just a select few. I keep telling her the economy is to low for selling but she made me try any way. Happy easter and thanks for checking out my items.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:47 PM
eengler

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! THANKS FOR THE SUNDAY AFTERNOON LAUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THAT PIPE IS ONE OF THOSE $60.00 JAPAN MADE PIPES THAT COMES ALL TOGETHER, NO HEADER, NO FLANGE!!!!1 HAHAHA THAT GUY IS TOO CHEAP TO BUY A REAL ZENOAH PIPE!!!!!
Old 04-13-2009, 03:50 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not that im defending this guy far from it but it is more than possible to get a fully modified air cooled weedy to over 60 mph.That depends what you call a weedy i supose but lets say the cy motors sold for gopeds some of these are air cooled and i know for a fact those have done over 60 mph in a boat and they werent modded they were stock so it is possible just depends on the boat and setup.I know Joe at zippkits ran the easy vee with one and it was dam fast probs not 60 mph but well into the 50s.Anyways a zenoah is basicly a modified weedy anyway .
[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEWpjEjV5tg[/link]
Old 04-13-2009, 05:57 AM
Dreamin Hemi

Problem was that he is advertising that this huge hull, a V hull none the less was GPS'd at 68 mph! Surprised he didn't just round it off and say it can hit 70.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:23 AM
Paul M

There is a huge difference between high 50's or even 60 and 68 mph. I know it seems like only 8 mph but the degree of difficulty in getting a boat faster goes up geometrically.

I know there are some powerful aircooled engines out there but the boat in the pic ain't gonna do 60. I bet 45 on a good day is a stretch.

The 100 ft rooster was what about made me bust a gut
Old 04-13-2009, 08:46 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Forget the boat, I want to buy his GPS as my boats could use another 20 or more MPH!
Yeah, the roostertail shoting up 20 feet up and 100 feet out tickled me too. Any R/C boat doing that is wasting speed.

[Update]
After getting some hassle it appears that he changed his ad ever so slightly but still a crock........

This is not a toy boat and should only be used by experienced rc boaters.

Here is my deep vee custom built with a 26cc air cooled Zenoah engine. I have over $1800 invested. Comes ready to run with a Sektrum Dx2.0 radio and 3 channel reciever. Also includes a 3 channel reciever, a high speet/torque throttle servo and a 1/4 scale high speed/torque steering servo. Water pick up is necessary to cool the exhaust adapter and is installed. It has been race modified to the extreem. Boat has been built using various parts from different manufacturers. Like quickdraw clutch system, sikk pull start and enforcer trim tabs. It has had piston and jug work as well as a modified walbro big bore carb added. It has one awesome sounding performance exhaust. It has been polished, ported and balanced. Engine meets 5+ h.p. and cranks at incedible rpms. Not only does it sound sweet but it has been GPS clocked at 63 mph. Average speed is about 58 mph. GPS SPEEDS HAVE BEEN UPDATED BOAT WAS RAN 4/12/09 TO CONFIRM THE NUMBERS. Man does it run awesome. It has one of the wickedest power bands I have ever heard on an rc boat. This boat will dominate at the races with out fail. It is very reliable and well cared for. Purple panther design is made of 6 year vinyl. Boat is actually white gel coat. Design can be changed or modified very easily.

Boat is an impressive 53 inches long from bow to exhaust tip and 14 inches wide. More than capable of handeling larger bodies of water with a light chop. In fact boat runs faster with a 4-6 inch chop.

When running this boat is capable of throwing a rooster tail 20 feet in the air for about 100 feet long.

AGAIN I MUST STATE THIS IS NOT A BEGINNERS TOY. IT MUST BE USED BY AN EXPERIENCED RC BOATER. NO CHILDREN UNLESS SUPERVISED BY AN EXPERIENCED ADULT. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ACCIDENTS OR INJURIES FROM IMPROPER USE OR SUPERVISION.

Ok, it's got a Sikk pull-starter on it, big whoop, it's the same one used by other gas engine makers. There's only one little change that makes the difference between a Sikk and a Zen or RCMK pull-starter.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:16 AM
Macleod

is the new listing number.

Ill ask him for photos of the rooster it throws

Just got a reply. I asked if he had any video or photos of the boat running and what type of prop he was using.

His reply:
I am currently trying to down load a video on u tube. I will add a link if
I am successful. The prop is a pre-balanced/sharpend aluminum prop from
enforcer boats.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:51 AM
wet a wild

MAYBE HE LEFT THE GPS ON WHILE TRAVELING BACK HOME WITH HIS PICK UP.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:51 AM
SUPER-V

Guess he's sticking to the 20 ft high X 100 ft long rooster tail , man wish my boat did that
Old 04-13-2009, 11:57 AM
Dreamin Hemi

ORIGINAL: wet a wild

MAYBE HE LEFT THE GPS ON WHILE TRAVELING BACK HOME WITH HIS PICK UP.
Or forgot to reset the readings from his drive to the pond before sticking it back in the boat
Old 04-13-2009, 12:02 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

It seems like the bull is spreading. I went about 4 ads down and found a "fiberglass" OB tunnel up for bid. Sorry Charlie but that's an ABS plastic hull. I know, I had one. That's an MRP Bud Lite/Mirage hull. The only difference between the two were the decals that came with it as you paid more for the Bud decals.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:06 PM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: SUPER-V

Guess he's sticking to the 20 ft high X 100 ft long rooster tail , man wish my boat did that
Mines about 15 ft high and 90 ft long

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.