Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

New Cylinder and Piston for my BJ55

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

New Cylinder and Piston for my BJ55

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 06:05 PM
Dockman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Cylinder and Piston for my BJ55

Ordered the M5 upgrade (Warehouse Hobbies) for my Blackjack 55 today. Will my needle settings still be the same as the stock setup. What can I expect from this upgrade?
Old 06-09-2009, 07:12 PM
PEERPSI

Default RE: New Cylinder and Piston for my BJ55

<div>I can absolutely guarantee it will lighten your wallet along with all to come.</div>
Old 06-09-2009, 07:13 PM
PEERPSI

I'd consider buying a tach so that you can judge your tuning efforts by the RPM's you are able to acheive.

I'd start with the basic carb settins as found in the Zenoah manual as they should be on the rich side. However, your best option would be to email WHH and ask what they recommend.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:49 PM
illiniboater
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Dockman

Ordered the M5 upgrade (Warehouse Hobbies) for my Blackjack 55 today. Will my needle settings still be the same as the stock setup. What can I expect from this upgrade?
I recently did the M5 kit as well but have not ran the motor yet. I did see a Rio a few weeks ago atour pond that had the M5 and it was very impressive. There were stock Rio's running at the same time and the differancewas night and day. Nobodyhad a gps so can't give yaexact mph but for the money I doubt you'll be disappointed.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:14 PM
Dockman

Yeah I'm sure a header, pipe, carb, etc. are to follow. I had already ordered a X472 prop from Fun Rc.
ORIGINAL: PEERPSI

<div>I can absolutely guarantee it will lighten your wallet along with all to come.</div>
Old 06-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Dockman

This boat came with a 3 blade VooDoo prop (not sure what size). Are the 3 blades a better way to go? I' am an x dragboater racer and 3 blades were a no no.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:24 PM
PEERPSI

The blade number should be somewhere on the hub. I just got a 3 blade stainless steel from Dasboata 7015. That was his recommendation.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:54 PM
Dockman

No number on the hub. The guy said it was a special order from Bonzai sport. He said put it on it runs 8 mph faster I will have to see that to believe it.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:17 PM
PEERPSI

That's possible. I went from 34 to 40 by installing a 2714 3 blade chopper. That blade was meant to run with the stock motor. The new 7015 is slightly bigger and a little more pitch to run with the pro mod CC engine.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:02 PM
danielplace

ORIGINAL: illiniboater

I recently did the M5 kit as well but have not ran the motor yet. I did see a Rio a few weeks ago atour pond that had the M5 and it was very impressive. There were stock Rio's running at the same time and the differancewas night and day. Nobodyhad a gps so can't give yaexact mph but for the money I doubt you'll be disappointed.
How could you even compare a Zenoah even stock to a FUJI engine?There is none. If you said stock Zenoah powered BJ to The M6 it might have meant more. But good to know nonetheless.

Daniel
Old 06-09-2009, 11:42 PM
illiniboater

ORIGINAL: danielplace

How could you even compare a Zenoah even stock to a FUJI engine?There is none. If you said stock Zenoah powered BJ to The M6 it might have meant more. But good to know nonetheless.

Daniel
I should have been more specific.There were 2 Rio's with Fuji's, 1 witha stock Zen, 1 with the M5, and one with aQD.The Fuji's actually were running really well to my suprise butthe stock zen Rio was noticeably faster. The M5 wasnotiecably faster than the stock zenoah and for being a $100upgrade it sureseemed like a wise investment. The QD, wellit was out of control! Never seen so many Rio's running at the sametime and it was very interesting to watch them considering the variety of motors they were running. Pretty much what you would expect but fun to seen anyways.

Old 06-10-2009, 05:25 PM
Dockman

I sure this is a dumb question? But I' am new to this hobby so what is a Fuji?
Old 06-10-2009, 07:06 PM
illiniboater

It's a zenoah clone. Not many good things said about them. AquaCraft is the only company that I know of that uses them.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:11 PM
Dockman

Thanks for the info.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:15 PM
Dockman

A buddy of mine is high bidder on a Hydro on ebay as of right now. The boat has a Fuji 28 and I'm geussing that's not a good thing? Nothing I can do about it now bidding is in.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:36 AM
Dockman

Got the new cylinder/piston installed this week. Watched Tony's (Full throttle RC) video on tuning the carb last night. I have the low speed tuned and am ready to lake test it. Engine fires right up and seems to idle good, will test it later this week sometime?
Old 06-24-2009, 01:38 PM
PEERPSI

If you adjusted it on the stand without the prop in the water it will be too lean. Did you ask WHH about the best settings to start with?
Old 06-24-2009, 10:08 PM
danielplace

It's a zenoah clone. Not many good things said about them. Aqua Craft is the only company that I know of that uses them.
A Fuji is not a Zenoah clone at all. It has nothing that even remotely resembles a Zenoah. Maybe you are thinking of the Zenoah clone like the ones in the Venom boats like the King of Shaves.
Maybe it was made by Fuji, never heard that.

Daniel
Old 06-24-2009, 10:11 PM
danielplace

I believe 644 carb should run at close to 1 1/2 L and 1 1/2 H. The needles usually need to total 3. I would go a little rich then observe the engine sound and read the plug.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:14 AM
painman

Dockman, I think you will be happy with the M5 from WHH, for the money Tony does a good jod. I have one and have been very pleased. So I decided to get the M6 and it performs very well, have had no problems with either one.

Good luck;
Old 06-25-2009, 07:29 AM
danielplace

The Warehouse Hobby engines run pretty good without breaking the bank. Tony has great service and really cares about the customer.

Daniel
[/quote]
Old 06-25-2009, 06:45 PM
Dockman

ORIGINAL: PEERPSI

If you adjusted it on the stand without the prop in the water it will be too lean. Did you ask WHH about the best settings to start with?
I watched Tony's video on Full Throttle RC how to tune a carb. I did set it without the prop in the water and yes is was to lean. I had a dead stop about 3/8 throttle so I had a friend hold the boat with I gased it and adjusted the needles. The boat sounds and runs great now.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:51 PM
Dockman

ORIGINAL: danielplace

I believe 644 carb should run at close to 1 1/2 L and 1 1/2 H. The needles usually need to total 3. I would go a little rich then observe the engine sound and read the plug.
I'm not going to turn them in and check to see what they are set on. After setting the low without prop in water it wound up about 1 and I had the High at 1 5/8. After lake testing it I moved the low out just a little (no more then 1/4) and the high in (I would say about 1/8). So I think they are L 1 1/8+ & H 1 1/2
Old 06-25-2009, 06:53 PM
Dockman

While running the boat last night I flipped it over. Now the servo's are wet, so I have the back off of them and everything out of the box hoping they will dry out and be ok???
Old 06-25-2009, 07:29 PM
Dockman

Ok 2 servo's survived and 1 did not. Do I have to replace the bad servo with the exact samething or can it be any servo? All my stuff is stock Pro boat servo's and reciever. It's not the reciever I tried both servo's on both sides of the steering and the 1 servo does not work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.