Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

t-bat advantages ????

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

t-bat advantages ????

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 07:58 AM
scooter666

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default t-bat advantages ????

I'm starting a new cat build and was wondering about installing a greasable t-bar, previously I've glassed the tube in place and greased manually by removing the drive shaft, What are the advantages/disadvantages of using them????

Cheers Scoot
Old 06-27-2009, 08:02 AM
Dreamin Hemi

Default RE: t-bat advantages ????

I personally see no major disadvantages except that you wouldn't be able to inspect the cable as often after each run as you would when removing the shaft to grease.
Old 06-27-2009, 08:59 AM
Hesco Racing

Normaly you would not install a t-bar with a cat hull seeing as the stuffing tube goes through the hull where in a V is stays in the boat. Can not see the use other than the greasing option in which case their is better systems.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:22 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Being in a Cat, I agree with not using one. Most are using a "Butch Block" for alignment. On my latest Cat build I just used Shoe-Goo to hold it in place which was easier on my hull than some others. I picked that up on this site from Dave Marles who gave one of the advantages as the stuffing tube being able to move a little as the engine does. I'm not saying that you can't use a T-bar in a Cat but it isn't really needed.
I do have a Top Secret T-bar though in one of my gas mono's that does have the grease fitting. Part of the trick to using one is to put an Aeromarine pushrod seal over the stuffing tube at the engine end to keep the grease from coming out while filling the tube.
There is an alternative to using the T-bar for lubing the flex cable, take a look at this: http://woodrcboatproducts.com/flex_shaft_oilers.htm
Old 06-30-2009, 08:27 PM
danielplace

On a cat I prefer to just glass the stuffing tube in and remove the shaft from the back for inspection and greasing on each day of use or maybe again if you run a lot in a day. It is good to see the condition the shaft is in occasionally.

Daniel
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11178.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	1227719   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx77075.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	1227720  
Old 06-30-2009, 10:57 PM
scooter666