Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > EvoJet Direct Support
Reload this Page >

evoJet Vx - Lifetime Warranty

Community
Search
Notices
EvoJet Direct Support When you have questions and need help from the source, discuss the EvoJet here.

evoJet Vx - Lifetime Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 08:16 PM
SinCityJets

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default evoJet Vx - Lifetime Warranty

By now, you may have heard that evoJet will be offering a LIFETIME WARRANTY with all Vx engines Purchased after January 15th, 2011.

This warranty will cover all components of the engine, and support equipment, to include the ECU, fuel pump, solenoid, starter motor, and of course the turbine internals.

What's not covered? FOD, crash damage, and abuse. If the engine is serviced under Warranty, evoJet and/or Sin City Jets will repair or replace the item/component at our discretion. No cash/credit refunds will be given.

As far as a U.S. based service center, we plan on having a service here in the U.S. by 2011 year's end. In the meantime, engines will have to go back to Germany for service and repairs. The customer will be responsible for two-way shipping costs.

For internal engine components to be covered by the Warranty, the engine will need to be sent in every 25 hours, or 120,000,000 revolutions (whichever is later). We use revolutions for two reasons. 1) this figure can NOT be reset, even by the manufacturer, and is hard-coded in to the engine, so getting a new ECU will not alter this number. And 2) Why should someone that flies around at half throttle all the time be subject to the same service intervals as a hardcore hill climber?

Now, should you decide to NOT send in your engine for the suggested service intervals, your internal engine components will not be covered in the event of a failure, however the support equipment (ECU, fuel pump, solenoid, starter motor) WILL still be covered. If you choose to send in your engine at 35 hours for a service, and no component failures are found during the service, the engine WILL once again fall back into the Lifetime Warranty. So, if you think you can get 30, 40, 50, or 100 hours before sending it in for service without a component failure or warranty claim, that is up to you. You know how you take care of your stuff. Again, we recommend 25 hour or 120,000,000 revolutions for proper preventative maintenance.

In the event you crash the engine, and it is repaired by evoJet / Sin City Jets, your engine will continue to carry its lifetime warranty!

The Lifetime Warranty IS transferable ONE (1) time for FREE. Yes, FREE. After that, it is $200. You MUST mail in your warranty registration within 30 days of purchase.

The rules of the lifetime warranty are subject to change at any time, and your purchase date will determine the warranty rules under which your engine falls. This stated warranty coverage is for North American customers only. The importer in YOUR country will be more familiar with the laws in your area and may have modifications to the warranty.

As always, if you have any questions, call me!

Chad
Old 02-05-2013, 04:38 PM
1-large-bob
My Feedback: (18)

Default RE: evoJet Vx - Lifetime Warranty

HI FELLOW RC JET JOCKEYS
Trust me this turbines don't have life time warranty,
I have emails and tex sent by this guy (CHAD) AT SINCITY JETS to me teling me that bearings are not included in the the life time warranty.
I was told by chad himself that no other manufacture covers bearing including evojet. I have prof of this comments on my phone.

I just sent one in for repair with just four hours of use an of course it was my fault, so I got a bill.
Plus shipping all the way back to Germany and from Germany back to me.
Guys thats very expensive buy from some one with US support.

If yall need prof of this comments I can send them to you

Thanks ROBERT BERNAL
#281-793-9433
[email protected]
Old 02-06-2013, 03:37 PM
gotspg
My Feedback: (10)

Dang, sorry to hear that. I know a few guys that switched from JetCat just for the lifetime warrenty. I'm sure they will not be happy to learn this. I have also been thinking about switching but wanted to wait awhile to see how the support will be. Now I know. Thanks for the post Robert. I think I will stick with JetCat, they might only have a three year warrenty but I know everything is covered for at least that time period.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:35 PM
topiwala

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys<div>Just to balance the argument I have had 110% support from chad and evojet direct. I've had to depend on them twice for warranty support. At both times both of them worked out a plan within days. The last time Arno sent me a brand new ECU replacement without question.</div><div></div><div>Not sure of the whole story about your engine but I've been with evojet coming two years and am looking forward to more in the future.</div><div></div><div>Hope yours gets sorted soon.</div><div></div><div>Rgds</div><div></div><div>Mayur</div><div></div><div></div><div></div>
Old 06-22-2018, 03:42 AM
dist60

Default Evojet maintenance

Having trouble trying to figure out were to send my evojet 160 for service. Can't find any info on there website.
Old 06-23-2018, 03:44 AM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts
Default EvoJet

Originally Posted by dist60
Having trouble trying to figure out were to send my evojet 160 for service. Can't find any info on there website.
Hello!

Unfortunately there isn't a service center here in the US. Both of them went under and the manufacturer doesn't offer the lifetime warranty that SinCity was selling. So, you will have to send to Germany, unless there is someone else in the country that you can get to service the engine. The engine has to be shipped FedEx, or should be. They help expedite the engine through customs. Anytime that I have sent DHL/Postal service, things get stopped coming back into the US. I even had a package with new retracts that had air tanks inside the package refused at customs.

The owner's name is Arno, and does a great job on the engines.

evojet.DE
Old 06-23-2018, 04:03 AM
dist60

I can not find the address to send the motor to on evojet website
Old 06-23-2018, 04:46 AM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by dist60
I can not find the address to send the motor to on evojet website

It is under; "Right of Revocation" or "Revocation Form". Otherwise, email Arno for any additional information.