Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > JetCat Turbine Direct Support
Reload this Page >

P60-SE Starter Motor Doesn’t Spin with Brand New V6 ECU

Community
Search
Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

P60-SE Starter Motor Doesn’t Spin with Brand New V6 ECU

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2023, 03:01 PM
JP_Jets

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P60-SE Starter Motor Doesn’t Spin with Brand New V6 ECU

I’m having issues with a brand new V6 ECU for my JetCat P60-SE. For some reason, the ECU doesn’t seem to be able to send signals or power to the starter motor. The first sign that something is wrong is when I advance to max trim to start, there are no audible chirps from the motor. Then when I advance the throttle to full to start, nothing happens. The GSU says “standby” and there is a solid yellow light. From there nothing happens and the engine stays in that state until I shut the system down. I’m pretty sure this is an ECU issue, as the engine works fine with a different V6 ECU.

I’ve done “Learn-RC” and confirmed that throttle inputs are correct in the RC checks menu. I also can’t get the starter motor to spin up with GSU commands. All other features (fuel purge, fuel valve, propane valve, glow plug) work with GSU commands. This seems to be related solely to the ECU commanding the starter motor.

Anyone have thoughts on this?
Old 02-19-2023, 09:47 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 745 Likes on 539 Posts

So you have switched back to another ECU and the red ignition/spool button turns the starter motor over?
Because it sounds like a dead starter motor
Old 02-20-2023, 05:00 AM
JP_Jets

Originally Posted by Dave Wilshere
So you have switched back to another ECU and the red ignition/spool button turns the starter motor over?
Because it sounds like a dead starter motor
Correct, when I swap the ECU everything works fine, normal beeps and normal engine start.
Old 09-24-2023, 05:27 PM
JP_Jets

Follow up for anyone who comes across this in the future:

I sent the engine back to JetCat. It turns out the electronics board and ECU were bad and needed to be replaced. This resolved the issue.