Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Home for a pair of Rossi .15 's?

Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

Home for a pair of Rossi .15 's?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2003, 11:45 AM
smchale
My Feedback: (67)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Home for a pair of Rossi .15 's?

Looking for a fast and fun mount for a pair of Rossi .15 rear exhaust racing engines. I had them on a modified quickie 500 with nacelles on the wing and while the plane sounded like it was screaming along...it really wasn't going that fast.

Any thoughts?
Old 08-13-2003, 02:14 PM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Sean:

If you're willing to wait a month or three, the Duellist 2/15 will be ready.

It has a thin airfoil with the intention of being a fast airplane.

It is being worked up with OS Max 15 engines in mind, your Rossi 15s should make it a screamer.

I don't see any more modifications to the wing design, it's posted on my gallery, you can look there and see if you like the idea.

Fuselage is almost finished, the problem has been combining 100 mph strength with the needed light weight. Think I have it now, wont be much longer.

Bill.
Old 08-13-2003, 04:43 PM
smchale
My Feedback: (67)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bill,

Thanks for the idea! yes, weight is of utmost importance to me...especially since it must have retracts etc. Let me know how you progress and keep me on your list when it becomes available. might be a good little winter side project.

What are the dimensions you are shooting for?
Old 08-13-2003, 04:59 PM
verald_stevens
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bill, I'd be interested in the Duellist 2/15 also. of course, it would all depend on the cost and if I can ever get my spad twin to fly...
Old 08-13-2003, 04:59 PM
verald_stevens
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bill, I'd be interested in the Duellist 2/15 also. of course, it would all depend on the cost and if I can ever get my spad twin to fly... But keep me informed about it too. Is there a thread going about it?
Old 08-13-2003, 05:09 PM
William Robison

Sean:

WS is 51 inches, current version of the fuselage is 44" using a single sheet of 12"x48" plywood to make the skin. Sounds heavy, but the ply is 4.5mm, less than 0.018" thick.

Shooting for 3 - 3.5 pounds maximum.

Retracts are Robart 123 and 124, tricycle gear set. Might have to go to the Great Planes 2900 set for the mains, three pounds exceeds the rating of the Robart gear, but if all landings are good there shouldn't be any problem.

Bill.
Old 08-13-2003, 05:23 PM
William Robison

Default The Duellist 2/15

does not yet have its own thread.

When we did the Duellist 2/60 we had a long running thread covering the development and initial kitting, we sold our 50 kits, and it is now being fine tuned for kitting by John Marien, at Northeast Aerodynamics.

www.ne-aero.com

We (N_E Aero had nothing to do with this part) sold the prototypes right at $200, but that included absolutely NO hardware except the wing joiner tube.

My main partner on the 2/60 wanted to take a break, and I didn't really want to go through all the bothers again so I decided to do the 2/15 myself. But I have gotten a partner anyway, if you look at the drawing I mentioned you'll know immediately who it is.

And he thinks I'm taking too long on the fuselage. Which is true - it should be long ago finished.

Watch this space, I'll post the accumulated construction when it's finished.

Bill.

PS: I am getting no money for this plane, it's just part of my hobby.wr.