Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Dragonfly 22d Question

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Dragonfly 22d Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 03:31 PM
FlyingFish
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dragonfly 22d Question

I have a fair number of large helicopters that I fly, But I miss flying my old MS Hornet fixed pitch helicopter, I sold it months ago thinking that I was to advanced for it and I thought I would never use it anymore, but I miss the simplicity of the fixed pitch heli for those days that I just wanna knock around with something simple! Haven't seen any old hornets around anymore their was a time that ebay was full of them but now I can't even find one.

Anyway the closest heli I can find to the hornet FP is the Dragonfly 22d, However I just have a few questions I need answered before I buy one. I've had my fair share of small helis and I tell you Im not too fond of any heli that has a tail motor and a all-in-one board. I don't like those flying ciruit boards, so my questions are as follows;

1) Does the Dragonfly 22d have one circuit board that contains the gyro / receiver and speed controller?

2) If it does have an all-in-one board, In the likley event that the all-in-one board burns out, like most do, can the dragonflyer 22d be torn down and replaced with all seperate components and set up like the hornet?

3) Does the dragonfly 22d come assembled?

4) is the included transmitter any good? or is it cheap?

5) what's the going price for a 22d ?
Old 01-17-2005, 04:23 PM
Hover Dude

Default RE: Dragonfly 22d Question

hi
1) yes
2) yes
3) yes (well mine did)
4) the transmitter is cheap
5) got mine for 110 euros without shipping. i think in the states they are selling the for 110 dollars. remember shipping is 30 dollars.
hope i was a little helpful
Old 01-17-2005, 07:12 PM
FlyingFish

Thanks, you were very helpful Hover Dude... How long have you had your Dragonfly? Are you happy with it? Do you have the 22d version or collective pitch version? Any downfalls other buyers might need to know or beware of, lots of this fast electronics Garbage comming over from Hong Kong is sometimes more trouble than it's worth, I had purchased a Dragonfly 5 Micro heli from ebay that didn't work so well, then it just stopped working, Jap Crap electronics went bad after 3 days! Now this guy is giving me a hard time about a refund, he wants to replace the Crap heli with another crap heli. [:@] The only reason I would even consider getting the Dragonfly 22d at all, is so that I can Convert it to a normal helicopter when the pre-installed electrical system dies after a month or two!
Old 01-17-2005, 09:26 PM
FlyingFish

FORGET IT! I found an Online company that still sells the MS Hornet Fixed pitch! I'm not taking anymore chances with those cheap junk helis from Hong Kong!..........[:@]
Old 01-19-2005, 01:06 AM
JohnY2004

The 9.6V NiMH or 11.1V poly battery will run low on juice after about 15 flights. Other than that, you can just charge the battery and fly. There's no need to worry about replacement tail motor anymore.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:49 AM
FlyingFish

No tail motor worries on the 22d, but it's the rest of the electronics that will probably go bad. I had a dragonfly 5 that just died after 3 days it also had no tail motor either, but it's just a piece of junk from hong kong!..........[:@]