Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Heading hold disables AS3X gain adjustment knob

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2022, 02:10 PM
summin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heading hold disables AS3X gain adjustment knob

The right knob for gain adjustment works fine when only rate values are used. When I enter non-zero values in the heading menu, the knob can no longer reduce the gains to zero when turned fully counterclockwise. Instead, it appears to remain at the max values. If I restore the heading values to zero, then the knob functions properly again. Fortunately, the FM switch I set up still works to turn AS3X on and off. My setup is a DX9 on v2.09 and an AR630 on v2.38.05.

This issue has likely been discussed, so my apologies for the repetition and thank you for your help.
Old 03-13-2022, 05:08 PM
summin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Further experimentation resulted in a better understanding of the issue. The gain adjustment knob does always control the rate gains, but does not appear to have an effect on the heading gains. Any non-zero heading gain will make that surface move in response to moving the aircraft in that axis, even with the rate gains all zeroed by having the knob turned fully counterclockwise. Only by using the FM switch can the pilot inhibit both rate and heading gains. I wonder if anyone has figured out how to put the heading gains on an adjustable knob or slider which could make for a faster tuning process.