Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

stuck in first

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 07:47 PM
RaceRocks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stuck in first

Hey there, i just replaced my two speed with a three in my Xss. I took it out for boot and it seems like it stayes in first gear?? Anyone have any suggestions on what the problem might be?
thx RR
Old 07-29-2007, 06:40 AM
(X)

Default RE: stuck in first

Re-tuning your engine may help..

Although do you know how to adjust theshift points??

You may need to adjust them
Old 07-29-2007, 06:48 AM
HPISAVAGEMAN

ORIGINAL: RaceRocks

Hey there, i just replaced my two speed with a three in my Xss. I took it out for boot and it seems like it stayes in first gear?? Anyone have any suggestions on what the problem might be?
thx RR
i did the same thing with one of my savages and it sounded as if it was not changing gear but after a while i noticed that the shift points were shifting too soon it was going from 1st to 3rd in about 1sec!!
what i suggest you do before adjusting anything is hold the truck up off the ground and slowly pull the trottle trigger fully open on your transmitter and listen carefully for the shifts.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:35 PM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Retune the carb....it's mandatory after upgrading to the 3spd. The gear ratios are altered enough to where the prior tune is not going to work that well. Never adjust the shift points until you retune the carb or else you will just create major headaches for yourself. After adjusting the carb you may find that you do not need to change the shift points-I've never had to adjust the 3spd's shift points. Just like you never adjust the carb's LSN to set the idle speed, you never adjust the trans to compensate for a mal-tuned carb. Also make sure the slipper nut is tight.....a loose slipper will prevent any shifting from happening.[8D]
Old 07-30-2007, 10:22 PM
RaceRocks

thx for your help gravedigger, the slipper nut was loose.