Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Which savage has the 4.6 motor???

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 11:40 PM
splcrazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which savage has the 4.6 motor???

went to the hpi site and seen the savage x and says its a 4.6 motor , so i went to my hobby shop and he's got a savage x rtr thats got a 4.1 ? motor. i said isnt it supposed to be a 4.6 ? he said no .. but i see theres a savage X SS whats the differance ? is it the x ss thats got the 4.6 in it or wat .... i went to another hobby shop that sells the x ss buts in in kit form has no motor or radio and is more expensive than the savage x rtr
Old 07-28-2007, 11:47 PM
Byte the dust

Default RE: Which savage has the 4.6 motor???

The original savage X has the f4.1, the XSS has the k4.6 and the new X rtr has the f4.6.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:49 PM
calvino

I know it is confusing, there is the 4.6 savage (which has the 4.6 engine stapmed on the body) and the 4.1 savage. here are pics of the MT's (4.6) http://www.gshobby.com/catalog/image...HPI867-250.jpg and the 4.1 https://www.speedymodels.com/shop/im...-HPI858-lg.jpg hope this helps alot with the confusion surrounding it all, note, the 4.6 will have faster acceleration but lower top speed due to the larger engine and the 4.1 will have slower acceleration but higher top speed, hope that helps you in picking you savage.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:08 AM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: splcrazy

went to the hpi site and seen the savage x and says its a 4.6 motor , so i went to my hobby shop and he's got a savage x rtr thats got a 4.1 ? motor. i said isnt it supposed to be a 4.6 ? he said no .. but i see theres a savage X SS whats the differance ? is it the x ss thats got the 4.6 in it or wat .... i went to another hobby shop that sells the x ss buts in in kit form has no motor or radio and is more expensive than the savage x rtr
If you want a Savage with a 4.6cc engine, be sure to specify that to your local RC store. You want an RTR, right?
If you want the 4.6cc engine in the RTR Savage, say "Savage X 4.6 RTR." The other Savage with the 4.6cc engine is only a kit without radio, receiver, & servos.

Keep in mind that the local RC store might try to push the Savage he has with the 4.1cc engine. He will do this just to get rid of it from his shelf. So be prepared to stand your ground and stubbornly say "NO, That is not what I want. Order for me the Savage X 4.6 RTR." If they refuse to cooperate, you can always threaten to buy on-line.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:12 AM
Byte the dust

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: splcrazy

If you want a Savage with a 4.6cc engine, be sure to specify that to your local RC store. You want an RTR, right?
If you want the 4.6cc engine in the RTR Savage, say "Savage X 4.6 RTR." The other Savage with the 4.6cc engine is only a kit without radio, receiver, & servos.

Keep in mind that the local RC store might try to push the Savage he has with the 4.1cc engine. He will do this just to get rid of it from his shelf. So be prepared to stand your ground and stubbornly say "NO, That is not what I want. Order for me the Savage X 4.6 RTR." If they refuse to cooperate, you can always threaten to buy on-line.
+1 [>:]
Old 07-29-2007, 01:21 AM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The FIRST Savage with the 4.6 engine was the 2nd version (1st was a 4.1) of the Savage SS back when the Savage was still "non-X". During this time there was overlap between the X chassis plate Savage X 4.1 RTR and the old style chassis plate Savage SS. The Savage X SS finally replaced the Savage SS as top dog just last year. Anyways, now there's the Savage X F4.6 RTR and the Savage X SS with the K4.6. Hope you enjoyed that brief Savage history lesson.[8D]
Old 07-29-2007, 03:13 AM
splcrazy

lol geez it is confusing . so what your all saying is that the savage x rtr with the 4.1 motor is OLD stock , and the latest savage x 4.6 is a new model ? they both just look the same . anyway as mini t mentioned that the 4.1 has a better top speed over the 4.6 that suits me just fine ... but still if there is a new model out id rather have the latest one even if its top speed is a bit lower
Old 07-29-2007, 12:31 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Depends on the gearing. The F4.6 will be able to turn taller gears than the f4.1 because it can produce more torque. If you get a 20T/47T gear combo and 3speed, the F4.6 will be ale to turn that easier than the F4,1 can.

I say get the "Savage X 4.6 RTR." Also, the F4.6 has improved internal designs that the older K4.6 does not have.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:14 PM
-SomeGuy-

The new rtr 4.6 also comes with a few extra goodies like revised TVPs without the weak X design under the engine, alloy diff cups and other stuff, check it out on www.hpiracing.com
Old 07-29-2007, 01:43 PM
NitroDemon18

ORIGINAL: Byte the dust

The original savage X has the f4.1, the XSS has the k4.6 and the new X rtr has the f4.6.
Yep, thats it.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:34 AM
splcrazy

so does the savagex 4.6 or 4.1 have reverse ???? or can reverse be put on them ?
Old 07-30-2007, 02:36 AM
SpikeX

None of the Savages have reverse as standard, but it can be fitted relatively easily.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:54 AM
calvino

I have to say, don't get the reverse, many people say it is the weakest point of the whole truck. save your money for a 3 speed and really go fast.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:24 PM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The reverse module is nice if you find yourself in situations where you are always needing reverse. There have been times when I wish I had reverse. It can be used in the 2spd or 3spd, which is pretty cool.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:43 AM
splcrazy

cool i just cant wait to get my hands on this truck and im gonna make sure i get the 4.6 rtr... does the 3 speed sound pretty good? and how fast does it have to go to get through all three gears?