Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

CRASHed BIG

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 10:27 PM
stevens4x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CRASHed BIG

Hello, feel free to call me moron for today or however long u feel.

I have the new Savage X 4.6 RTR. Broke it in, went top speed into a tough curb. You could say I need a few new parts. What I am hoping someone can help with is if there are upgrades for the parts listed below that I will be replacing due to my incredible driving.

Both frames are bent in half (1 side is torn) so I need [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=HPIC3962&P=7]73962[/link], [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=HPIC3961&P=7]73961[/link].

Are there any upgrades for the frames?

The lower arm braces tore in half - [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXDLF0&P=7]86070[/link].

I broke the piece holding the pipe on so I need [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXDLC9&P=ML]85059[/link].

One of the pieces connecting the frames together majorally twisted. [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=HPIC5235&P=7]85235[/link].

I shredded the holders on the front bottom portion of the skid so I need: [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=HPIC5234&P=7]85234[/link].

Also, I would like to upgrade the shocks, they are way to loose. I'd like to go cheap, preferably just new firmer springs and oil. Any ideas?

I have been out awhile and bought this truck last Sunday. I have no idea who the kings of upgrades are but I am open to everything. Please post ASAP. I want to order tonight so hopefully they'll get shipped tomorrow or Tuesday.

Thanks,

Steven

Old 07-29-2007, 10:39 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: CRASHed BIG

Don't feel so bad... I drowned my LST2 this weekend... LOL

Unfortunately, I can't give any upgrade advice... hehehe
Old 07-29-2007, 11:33 PM
-SomeGuy-

I cant believe how much tower charges for those plates [X(] way way way to expensive. Get all the stock replacement parts and a few more till you learn how to control your new savage . The stock parts are all you need, upgrades like alloy are not reccomended except for a few select parts. The best place to find good deals is ebay.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:44 PM
Van Pelt

go to ebay. That's what I've had to do a few times. The crash below cost me $95 and was completed with all "buy it now" deals. The pole won this round...... Replaced: radio box, front diff case, TVP's, steering stuff, dog bones, bent the front skid, new front bumper, etc.

Old 07-30-2007, 12:39 AM
stevens4x

Cool. Thanks all. I was hoping there was a stronger chassis out there - oh well.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:48 AM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Van Pelt

go to ebay. That's what I've had to do a few times. The crash below cost me $95 and was completed with all "buy it now" deals. The pole won this round...... Replaced: radio box, front diff case, TVP's, steering stuff, dog bones, bent the front skid, new front bumper, etc.

Ouch.... that had to hurt.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:51 AM
SpikeX

ORIGINAL: stevens4x

Cool. Thanks all. I was hoping there was a stronger chassis out there - oh well.
There are many manufacturers that sell stronger chassis for the Savage. They offer LCG and Extended variants too, so you can get exactly what you want. Chassis are also available Carbon Fibre too...
Old 07-30-2007, 09:03 AM
NitroDemon18

ORIGINAL: SpikeX

ORIGINAL: stevens4x

There are many manufacturers that sell stronger chassis for the Savage. They offer LCG and Extended variants too, so you can get exactly what you want. Chassis are also available Carbon Fibre too...
Yep. There are hundreds of upgrade parts for the savage.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:45 AM
calvino

Don't wot the thing right into a curve [>:]. Get the sctock stuff, if ya replace it with alloy... you will end up breaking more in the long run as new parts (not alloy or CF) begin to break...
Old 07-30-2007, 01:02 PM
-SomeGuy-

You could get a stronger chassis but that wont save you from crashing it into concrete, parts will still break [&:].
Old 07-30-2007, 02:18 PM
bb942

wrap the truck in bubble warp...should help a little
Old 07-30-2007, 02:42 PM
NitroVenom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^Lmao...

You can bend the chassies back with a vice. Save you some money..
Old 07-30-2007, 06:32 PM
(X)

EDIT: Pm SpikeX, He's making CF TVPs in the near future