Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Airplanes Stolen

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 04:15 PM
Duane Cox
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airplanes Stolen

During the night of the 6th of July my airplane hanger/trailer was broken into and all of my giant scale planes and equipment was stolen. The inventory consisted of 2ea 2.6M Composite ARF Extra 330Ls, JR 10X radio, and all of the ground support equipment and tools. The SOBs knew what they were looking for and what to get and what to leave behind. I think they also knew that I would be out of town last week at the NATs to minimize their chance of loosing their lives while stealing my planes.

I would appreciate everyone keeping an eye out for these two planes. The covering scheme is a one of a kind and should easily be spotted. So if anyone comes across a good deal on this stolen property, take it, but I ask that you make good notes on the party that you bought it from and forward them to me. I want to take every step possible to insure that these SOBs are relieved from their desire to take from others what does not belong to them.

Thanks
Duane Cox
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32087.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	295311  
Old 07-09-2005, 05:40 PM
14th_Reaper
My Feedback: (-1)

Default RE: Airplanes Stolen

I hope they fall on a prop and it spears them right through the head. I had a plane stolen about 2 years back and never have seen hide nor hair of it. 'nough said. Very sorry for your loss. Don't forget about the AMA insurance for stolen planes. If it weren't for the AMA I probably wouldn't be flying at all.
Old 07-09-2005, 06:26 PM
naamanf
My Feedback: (3)

I feel your pain. I was on leave from Iraq and found out that my trailer was broken into. They got my planes, tools, and Harley. My insurance did cover it, but it took a bit of work. They just couldn't belive that these planes cost as much as they do.

Old 07-09-2005, 06:46 PM
50%plane
My Feedback: (5)

Sorry for the loss. If I find them I'll let you know.
Old 07-09-2005, 07:18 PM
Desertrat
My Feedback: (2)

Man that bites Duane, what a great "welcome home". Geeze I cant believe what people do sometimes. You're right tho, that shade shift vinyl will be easy to spot if everyone keeps an eye out. I sure will. Good luck finding them, and if I come across them I'll sure let you know.

Roger
Old 07-09-2005, 07:56 PM
EXTRA ADDICT
My Feedback: (2)

That just sucks![:@] Nothing is sacred anymore. I hope you find them and break their arms before the cops do!
Old 07-09-2005, 08:25 PM
Julien Hp

F**k man !

I can't beleive why these f**king stupid persons stole some things like this where you invested alot of time and a lot of money ![:@] Sry for your loss ! I'd like to chek for your planes but living bit to far

Keep on searching !

Julien
Old 07-09-2005, 08:35 PM
flyinrazrback
My Feedback: (69)

As you mentioned, its probably someone you actually know, at least they are insured so not a total loss.
Old 07-09-2005, 09:05 PM
ICE_MAN

Gotta be someone who know you.... Coworkers etc... I myself would be checking all my co-workers and every one I know etc...[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]Sorry for your loss!
Old 07-10-2005, 11:59 AM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

I am very sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you find the culprits and prosecute them.
Just one question: What is shadeshift vinyl and where do you get it?
Old 07-10-2005, 12:52 PM
Duane Cox

Thanks for all of the support and the AMA insurance information. I had forgotten that AMA does offer theft insurance. I have been going through and gathering paperwork to give to the insurance on Monday. Without an inventory of all of the small items, the chances are things will be forgotten until I go looking for the special tool and find it is not there.

The shade-shifting vinyl can be found at http://www.beacongraphics.com/avery-shade-shifter.html It is on the pricey side, but it looks real nice.

Thanks
Duane Cox
Old 07-10-2005, 10:13 PM
LeeL

Duane; Sorry for your loss, I am going to print the pictures you put in your post and take them to the local hobby shops around Houston, maybe if enough people are looking we will get lucky and catch the bast*rds. Good luck with the insurance co. I hope you kept your recipts like was said they have alot of trouble beliveing the cost of these "toys"
Old 07-11-2005, 02:32 AM
FlyinTiger
My Feedback: (45)

One quick note...if these people who stole your plane are very smart at all they'll notice the posted advertisements and you'll never see your planes again...it might be better to lay low and wait for someone to try to sell them! Check e-Bay...chances are they'll be parted out and the airframes destroyed. Sad, very sad.

Good luck finding them!
Old 07-11-2005, 07:19 AM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you remember the s/n on your engines?
Old 07-11-2005, 11:51 PM
plane_freek

wow thats sadI couldnt handle it if one of my planes was stole. Id quit this hobby.
Sorry for your loss, I hope U catch them, make them pay[:@]