Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

NN Chassis as good as Stick?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 09:45 PM
Krawlin

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default NN Chassis as good as Stick?

I am just getting into crawling, and I need help with a chassis. I have seen tons of good things about the stick, and I am considering buying it. But I also have heard many good things about the NN chassis. After further research, I determined that the stick inst very user friendly to new crawlers because of the need to wire things from one side of the chassis to the next, and that I would have to build my own battery pack with 3 cells on one end and 3 on the other. I realized that I am very limited in my soldering ability, so I am starting to think that the stick is not right for me/not very user friendly to me. And I also found out about the NN chassis. It is much simpler-using 2 side plates and a bottom plate-and almost just as good ground clearence and low center of gravity. It wouldnt require me to build my own battery pack, and I could have everything all mounted right in the center and with alot more ajustability wheelbase & ground clearence wise. The NN looks alot more user friendly to me, but I am wondering if I should go ahead and get the stick because it has better crawling abilities, or get the NN because it is almost equall to the stick in crawling, yet much more user friendly. But because I am new, I would like some of you veteran crawlers to help me out here. Which should I get? The Stick or the NN?
Old 11-25-2006, 04:27 AM
JasonInAugusta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NN Chassis as good as Stick?

The Stick can make the most difficult things seem easy.

Why do I say this? Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPrJWc4J7i0

If you want to have fun, but not compete - get the NN.

If you plan on competing the Stick will do you well.

Sticks took 1st, 2nd, and 5th at the Nationals. 4th was a NN and 3rd was a SW2.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:36 PM
Rc EnthuSiasTs

i would get the nn. Not that i dont like sticks, but i agree, it will probably be better for a first timer.
Have you decided what to do?
Old 01-09-2007, 11:18 PM
dezfan

The NN is a very competitive and adjustable design.

You won't be sorry if you deside to get one.